What Did You Buy Today?

Which alternatives to a Kurt would you buy?
A couple years ago I bought a Tegara vise from Shars. See post #7 at:
It's worked out very well for me.

Have been considering the GMT, for the 833tv, 5 inch or 6? You know that they say that bigger is better, but there can be too much of a good thing
I'm not familiar with your mill. The PM website shows both 4 & 5" vises if I'm reading it correctly. 1" size increases in machining vises make for substantial differences, so choose carefully. Others with more familiarity with your mill, or PM, can guide you better. Best of luck! :encourage:

This will be my new addition, I'm selling the 1340GT. I got the 2nd to last one before the Nov. price increase. My total wait time up till now was 3 weeks including the installation of accessories, and now another week or so to ship it here.

Last edited:
Recently i've been switching all the cars to winter tires. But doing some upgrades as well, one of them is getting better centre caps. Peugeot recently changed its logo so i got them in black and silver and got an oem set for the rims that i'm running on the 607.
IMG_20221003_210847.jpgIMG_20221003_210903.jpgIMG_20221006_202740.jpg

Bought a few weeks ago and showed up today:

View attachment 423930
6” rotary table. Glad I didn’t go bigger as this one will just fit the table nicely. Without the vice installed that is…

It's probably not as precise, but my little rotary fits in my DX6. I ran an indicator over the table and it was within 2 thou. Good enough for the simpler stuff. If I were to do something that needs real precision or heavy cuts, I would mount it to the table directly. Of course, "heavy cuts" on a 6" RT is likely not all that heavy in the grand scheme of things.

Back