What Did You Buy Today?

Congrats, Will! That little chuck lists for $430-450.00 retail and it is a really nice precision chuck. I have a crappy Jacobs chuck on a Royal sensitive drive but it works and I don't need it too often. Those Albrecht arbors are really precise and when mated to an Albrecht chuck they are really accurate. Albrecht will replace any chuck and arbor that ever spins on one of their arbors, a nice thing to keep in mind. If you ever have a problem with an Albrecht chuck, contact the company and they will make it right. Albrecht is one of the finest companies in the world and their customer service is second to none.

I, for one, am sorry to see Craftsman go.

Thanks Mike. Wow! Had no idea they cost that much even for the little ones! I paid $140 for it. There was another one already mounted on a Sierra America sensitive adapter for $80 that I was eyeing but I won't buy drill chucks from sellers that don't offer returns. I'm glad I paid more & chose this one, it looks practically brand new & is really smooth.

My other small keyless chuck, 3/8" capacity, is a Jacobs made in Italy and this Albrecht feels soooo much nicer! I now finally know first hand how nice Albrechts are. It's a shame this one won't see a whole lot of use though.

That's a really nice price for that chuck and arbor. Just a single Albrecht arbor usually goes for over $130.00 so you done good! I have to find you a nice 1/2" Albrecht chuck so we can rid you of some of that excess money. The last 1/2" Albrecht chuck I bought was brand new and cost me $85.00 - not sure we'll find a deal like that again but you never know.

I have to find you a nice 1/2" Albrecht chuck so we can rid you of some of that excess money.

LOL . Look no farther . :big grin: I think I just let go 4 on here and I have a few more . :beer bottles:

That's a really nice price for that chuck and arbor. Just a single Albrecht arbor usually goes for over $130.00 so you done good! I have to find you a nice 1/2" Albrecht chuck so we can rid you of some of that excess money. The last 1/2" Albrecht chuck I bought was brand new and cost me $85.00 - not sure we'll find a deal like that again but you never know.

The seller I purchased has a bunch of really nice Albrecths. He even has a NOS Hartford Jacobs 14N.

Not nearly as cheap as what you paid but this one looks new too. I've saved that seller.

Do the newer models come with bare knurled collars now? I'm used to seeing them black but I've looked at other vendors selling chucks new as well as replacement collars & they show them with bare uncoated collars now. And they have balancing holes. Did they always have the balancing holes?

Yeah, the collars are usually bare. Albrecht balances all their chucks to 10K rpm and sometimes the holes show, although none of mine have them. I have noticed those holes on newer chucks, though.

Yeah, the collars are usually bare. Albrecht balances all their chucks to 10K rpm and sometimes the holes show, although none of mine have them. I have noticed those holes on newer chucks, though.

Ah I see, ok thanks. I was surprised to see the balancing holes on even the small one I got.

Hey @mikey, look, I finally got me my very first Albrecht! Are you proud of me? I'm so excited! :big grin:

View attachment 309587View attachment 309588

Ok ok, I probably didn't fool anybody with that last pic. :D Maybe not so proud of me, it's only a baby Albrecht, second to smallest one they make I believe. 0-1/8"(3mm) capacity, JT0 taper. Came with an original Albrecht 1/2" arbor, had no idea they made arbors except for the integral ones.

View attachment 309589View attachment 309590

Not sure if my indicator is broken or I'm doing it wrong but mounted in my mill with a Chinese collet I got only .0003-.0004" runout, WTH!
View attachment 309591

I mounted it on an Accupro/Llambrich sensitive adapter, made in Spain. Been wanting a senstive micro drill chuck to use with them tiny PCB carbide drills. The Albrecht adapter is way too much money for me. Was originally planning to mount it on a Royal adapter but I liked the finger wheel better on the Llambrich. The Llambrich ones looks very similar to the Albrecht one. Heard the Sierra American ones were hit & miss on runout. All except the Albrecht one are about the same price, $70.

View attachment 309592View attachment 309593View attachment 309594

Never seen a JT0 taper in person before. The thing is so tiny and cute! JT3 on the left, JT4 on the right.

View attachment 309595

Sorry for so many pics, just really happy & I love this little guy!
Congratulations Will, your going to get a lot of pleasure out of using it and I imagine it will hold it’s value if you ever decide to sell it.

I don’t use mine often but just happened to use it other day on a project I am going to post soon-very smoooth.

Enjoy!

EB25C1ED-EAB9-4BA3-889F-8C84CDC7333B.jpeg
140E6176-607B-40F5-892A-C9B821DE8978.jpeg

Why is mine different, and the graduations? Don't mind the oil...

Yours is the older model, Mike. While I think the newer ones are prettier, I prefer the older style myself. I'm watching one on ebay right now.

Thank you....

Back