What Did You Buy Today?

I picked up a 1" carbide countersink yesterday, American made Monster (new) 50 buck with tax.... Not an extraordinary deal but it is sooooo Pretty.... I am attracted to shinny things, it is my greatest weakness... LOL
It's rather selfish of you not to post a picture for us to enjoy. We like shiny things too! :grin:

These are the ones I'm looking at.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125827325840

They actually don't spell out the thread. Being a "2x4x6" blocks, you would hope English, but with these low cost imports it's always a gamble.

Make sure the holes are drilled larger than the threaded ones, most cheap imports have the same (or close) size which makes it fun to bolt together. :)

Let us know how it works. I have a tough time with that style chattering.
Me too. I've gotten good at making single flute countersinks. I also get good results with D-bit countersinks, they're easy to make for any angle, but tricky to center on the mill table compared to a full conical c'sink. Best finish bar none is O-flute. O-flutes aren't picky, as long as the cutting edge has a little bit of lead. Multi-flute c'sinks chatter no matter what, so I only use them for deburring or chamfering if I have to using a hand drill. They're great for that, because they tolerate misalignment well.

A McMaster order arrived today:

10' of control wire, a 3/8" Bondhus blade, and to coupler nuts. Now I can get the motor wired to the drum switch and get the bed tied to the workstation in the way I (think) I want. Also, I found this at a garage sale on Sunday:

A Diana 45 in .177. This is one of the better German air rifles from the eighties. She is a real sweat shooter, especially with the diopter sight I pulled out of my parts bin. Air guns are great because I can shoot them in my basement before my wife gets up in the morning.

Back