What Did You Buy Today?

I picked these up last week, a nice Delta Rockwell surface grinder and a Burke no 126A horizontal mill with the factory vertical attachment and power feed.Had to drive 3 hours to Cleveland, Ohio.

Attachments

• Mill1.jpg
    Mill1.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Grinder.jpg
    Grinder.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 25
@dkemppai, I think you will find those extremely useful when you are in a position to do something about it, like changing fit classes of taps. You won't like them so much if you only have one set of drills and taps (or whatever) because you're stuck with what you have, and once you have gauged it, you'll know the real truth.

Y'all know me and I like pulling legs, but I mean it- these are critical tools for fitting parts. The problem is once you check, you'll find things, then you'll have to fix them. Such a slippery slope! I have no doubt that having the gauges will eventually lead to discoveries in producing better fitting threads.
Yeah, I know exactly what these are... Not sure my machining ability is up to use them fully, but the first step at getting better at anything is being able to measure it. :) These were one more step in measuring things better. And honestly, the cost was just a bit over what one set of ring gauges would cost new. Again these are used, and may be worn, etc. But for that price...

In general, I've always leaned towards tighter tolerances and better measurements of everything. Slowly been tooling up for better measurements. Tenths Micrometers, Gauge blocks, 0.0001" and 0.000050" indicators, surface plate, lapping plates, optical flats and light source, etc. The plan is to eventually temperature control the room in the basement with the measurement gear then have the plate calibrated. (Even now, I can see 'holes' in the plate and they're annoying!).

I don't really need that level of measurement, but I'm finding it's as much fun to measure parts to that level as make them!

Saw these 2-4-6 blocks on Steve Summers youtube channel. Found them on ebay for about half the price he paid, and bought two sets for $143 shipped. Same box, appear to be identical, advertised to be .0002 tolerance, around 20lbs per set. He checked his on a surface plate, and it was just under .0001. Doubt I really need that kind of accuracy, but I work on some fairly large things, and think these will come in handy. Mike

IMG_20230501_175500583_HDR.jpg

Here you go. Located on ebay, discount for two sets. Mike

wyJt9zH2wgWWXjgWPNcQrkdqKaDJGBZLzr4MN5n7_jilFNEBGaIswBqfy4bYEQui_ocJUcUBh_z5--OuduxfxDVh63VlR3BxpVIgSY7eAg=s0-d-e1-ft
JeqcLbSmffG9PtgTlDQ0tFFcR8PbViJO1ajjaTBVBRTFicj82FjKrXm934DvKn1dqtQbDY-VmKNIQTrFpGgCd7W0OQsv5BOgqGk=s0-d-e1-ft

1 Pair 2-4-6 Blocks 23 Holes Matched Ultra Precision .0002
Total: $140.31
Order number: 15-09971-98959
Item ID: 125827325840
Seller: industrial-77

Are able to bolt those together with out using thru bolts?

Back