What Did You Buy Today?

I have been trying to be good, but came across a couple of great buys and that lead me to another purchase.

First up, L.S. Starrett 6in. Dial Calipers American Made # 120A. It is an older unit but appears to be in really well kept condition. Got it for $100 shipped.

Starrett Caliper.JPG

Next Up, I was bidding on a Starrett 91A tap wrench and then saw that he had a 91B he was selling separately. I wasn't getting anywhere bidding him down on the 91A so made a bundle deal that he took. Got both of these for $110 plus package the shipping.

91B.jpg91A.jpg

And final purchase, not a Starrett, but I have been slowly buying tooling for my lathe and did not have an indexable threading tool. Got both the internal and external tool holders and inserts for $35 on Amazon Prime. We will see if it was worth the trouble.

Total Package: 1pc 1/2''shank threading bar(SNR0013M16) + 1pc 5/8'' shank threading bar(SER1616H16) + 5pcs internal threading inserts(16IR AG60) + 5pcs external threading inserts(16ER AG60) + 2pc wrenches

Threading Tools.jpg

I have to say, I am most pleased with the calipers. But I have been wanting the Starrett Tap wrenches. I picked up the smallest one (can't remember the size) some time back, we are talking years ago. So probably will do me. Although if I came across the larger tap wrench for the right price, I would buy it. Do I need it, not really, but I do want it.

I have been trying to be good, but came across a couple of great buys and that lead me to another purchase.

First up, L.S. Starrett 6in. Dial Calipers American Made # 120A. It is an older unit but appears to be in really well kept condition. Got it for $100 shipped.

View attachment 446598

Next Up, I was bidding on a Starrett 91A tap wrench and then saw that he had a 91B he was selling separately. I wasn't getting anywhere bidding him down on the 91A so made a bundle deal that he took. Got both of these for $110 plus package the shipping.

View attachment 446600View attachment 446601

And final purchase, not a Starrett, but I have been slowly buying tooling for my lathe and did not have an indexable threading tool. Got both the internal and external tool holders and inserts for $35 on Amazon Prime. We will see if it was worth the trouble.

View attachment 446605

I have to say, I am most pleased with the calipers. But I have been wanting the Starrett Tap wrenches. I picked up the smallest one (can't remember the size) some time back, we are talking years ago. So probably will do me. Although if I came across the larger tap wrench for the right price, I would buy it. Do I need it, not really, but I do want it.
Nice finds!
Wait till you use the tap wrenches. Pure joy they are, pure joy to use.

Total Package: 1pc 1/2''shank threading bar(SNR0013M16) + 1pc 5/8'' shank threading bar(SER1616H16) + 5pcs internal threading inserts(16IR AG60) + 5pcs external threading inserts(16ER AG60) + 2pc wrenches
Please let us (or just me) know how these work out. I'm still threading with self ground threading tools. Been meaning to look into something like this, and for that price I might even be able to sneak it by the accountant (= wife!)... :)

Here you go. Located on ebay, discount for two sets. Mike

Thanks for the link, and the heads up! Been needing some of these for a while, and ordered two sets also. He didn't take a low offer, but countered with a slightly better deal than was listed. Looks like the price might have gone up. Maybe we gave him too much attention!

Thanks for the link, and the heads up! Been needing some of these for a while, and ordered two sets also. He didn't take a low offer, but countered with a slightly better deal than was listed. Looks like the price might have gone up. Maybe we gave him too much attention!
Maybe you can blame me. I bought two sets yesterday. Been needing them for a while, but put it off. In a fit of impulsiveness, bought some. They are great for setups and can serve as quick standards.

Here you go. Located on ebay, discount for two sets. Mike

wyJt9zH2wgWWXjgWPNcQrkdqKaDJGBZLzr4MN5n7_jilFNEBGaIswBqfy4bYEQui_ocJUcUBh_z5--OuduxfxDVh63VlR3BxpVIgSY7eAg=s0-d-e1-ft
JeqcLbSmffG9PtgTlDQ0tFFcR8PbViJO1ajjaTBVBRTFicj82FjKrXm934DvKn1dqtQbDY-VmKNIQTrFpGgCd7W0OQsv5BOgqGk=s0-d-e1-ft

1 Pair 2-4-6 Blocks 23 Holes Matched Ultra Precision .0002
Total: $140.31
Order number: 15-09971-98959
Item ID: 125827325840
Seller: industrial-77
Bought mine from dbmimporters back in 2020, listed at $74, got them for $70 + tax; can't remember for what specific purpose but have used them several times both on the mill and as a tall fence on my DeWalt PortaBand/SWAG Off-Road vertical saw. Since they didn't come with a case I used a (then) relatively inexpensive foam-lined case from HF:

2-4-6 Blocks in Case.jpg

Bought mine from dbmimporters back in 2020, listed at $74, got them for $70 + tax; can't remember for what specific purpose but have used them several times both on the mill and as a tall fence on my DeWalt PortaBand/SWAG Off-Road vertical saw. Since they didn't come with a case I used a (then) relatively inexpensive foam-lined case from HF:
Are the threaded holes English or Metric? It would be nice if they're English, but probably not a big deal to tool up with a few odd metric bolts...
Seller counter offered at $68.50 each set. So, not willing to move much on price. But honestly, shipping is probably $20 per set, and I've heard sellers fees are around 17%, so hard to complain too much.

I picked up a 1" carbide countersink yesterday, American made Monster (new) 50 buck with tax.... Not an extraordinary deal but it is sooooo Pretty.... I am attracted to shinny things, it is my greatest weakness... LOL

Are the threaded holes English or Metric? It would be nice if they're English, but probably not a big deal to tool up with a few odd metric bolts...
Seller counter offered at $68.50 each set. So, not willing to move much on price. But honestly, shipping is probably $20 per set, and I've heard sellers fees are around 17%, so hard to complain too much.
If you’re talking about the ones in my link:

IMG_5387.jpeg

Back