What Did You Buy Today?

Wheels for a 2x48 grinder build arrived today.
4” drive and 3” idler.
Out of curiosity, why the 2x48 format in particular? (Only wondering, because it seems 2x72 is a more common belt size.)

Out of curiosity, why the 2x48 format in particular? (Only wondering, because it seems 2x72 is a more common belt size.)

Space considerations primarily. I have a 2x42 Dayton grinder now and I’m hoping to keep the new grinder to roughly the same footprint.
It may end up being 2x42 if those belts are more readily available locally.

This is a pricey endeavour for us Canucks. Over $400 to get a kit to Canada :(
400 just for shipping?
Yep, very light shouldn't take more than an hour. Will clean up good, nice to have a complete set.

John
I put small parts in a zip-lock bag and put an ounce or 2 of evaporust in with them and drop that into my ultrasonic for 3 cycles of 3 minutes with the heat on, they come out clean as a whistle.

Wow, I was getting ready to pass out if it was 400 shipping. Yeah crossing international boarders isn't cheap.

I’d really like one but by the time it gets here it would likely be close to $500. That’s pretty steep.

I’d really like one but by the time it gets here it would likely be close to $500. That’s pretty steep.
Find a set of plans and source the materials and fabricate it. I want a pinion mill and that is what I am doing, bought a set of plans from Himmingway and now I am refining them for available materials, then I will fab it all from scratch...

Find a set of plans and source the materials and fabricate it. I want a pinion mill and that is what I am doing, bought a set of plans from Himmingway and now I am refining them for available materials, then I will fab it all from scratch...
My thoughts exactly, billets and raw might be cheaper than castings. The sky is the limit, but that is pretty much the point of all this, isn't it?

I'm finding out first hand how expensive Canada is . We have to make a move from Toronto to Calgary in August . Truck or trailer rentals are outrageous . Be cheaper for me to buy an enclosed trailer down here and tow it up and across Canada . $7000 for a trailer rental ? :eek:

Back