What Did You Buy Today?

Not machine related, but perhaps so when it comes time to sharpen the teeth. My last hedge trimmer, electric with cord, died last season and with our weather - lots of rain, sun, rain, sun, everything is growing ridiculously fast. Next year, dealers will not be allowed to sell gas-powered equipment - mandatory electric. I'm a fan of Stihl products and picked up their HSA50. I'm charging the battery and will put her to the test tomrrow morning. It appears to built quite well

IMG_2747.jpg

I've been looking at bigger compressors to replace my 20 gallon Speedaire 6.2cfm @90 psi
Found a new Campbell Hausfeld 10.9 CFM @ 90psi pump and motor for $300 today. Couldn't say yes fast enough.

Ordered the MLA-18 Filing Machine casting kit with bronze bearing material, hardware and the MLA-8 Indicator/Saddle Stop from Metal Lathe Accessories!!!

The MLA-18 was finally back in stock. Another machine that I do not need but I just find it so beautiful to look at... Would be a challenging project for me, for sure... but I so wanted to have one in my garage...

I want one of these. I (think) I could use one in my model airplane building hobby.

I hit up a couple estate sales last weekend, and made some good finds

These cost me $5, the micrometer is metric, and the dial gauge is a .0001. Sadly, it is missing the lens. But I will keep it in the box as it wont see much use. I also bought a pair of spurs, which turned out to be worth a bit, and they have been moved on to a happy cowboy already.

The second sale was on the last day when I went, and there was a Kennedy that they had originally priced way to high, and were trying to get rid of it full of tooling. So, for $75, I picked this up.

I need another Kennedy 520 like I need another hole in my head, but here is the good stuff that was in it:

I have most of this type of stuff already, so I will move it along, mostly to help pay for any needed tooling in the future. But, who can pass a bargain?
Fantastic score on the Starrett indicator!!
I believe I have the same one here. It's old and rather beleaguered looking but still works nice.
Funny but I actually used mine yesterday.
Only dial I have that has short enough travel to use this finger on.

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_073712781.jpg
    IMG_20230604_073712781.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 17
It seems to be the month for machinist items at estate sales!

It was the end of the second day, and they were willing to make deals before 1/2 price day, so I picked up a new reamer, Unimet(?) cutting bits, some unused Disston files, a Lufkin 18" blade, and best of all a Brown and Sharpe die makers square, with all three blade and the original box. I thought the Unimet bits were for a Unimat, but not too sure now. Anyone heard of them?

Back