What Did You Buy Today?

Not too often that I need to buy anymore tooling, but I often have the need for a small torque wrench for electrical fittings and small screws/bolts. Most of the of what I have seen is either high end and stupidly expensive or the other extreme and pretty poorly made. Happen to find this TEKTON 1/4 Inch Drive Dual-Direction Click Torque Wrench (10-150 in.-lb.) | TRQ21101on Amazon at a reasonable price. It is made in Taiwan, all metal construction and very nicely made. Look forward to testing it out.
TEKTON .25 inch Drive Dual-Direction Click Torque Wrench (10-150 in.-lb.) TRQ21101.jpg

Not too often that I need to buy anymore tooling, but I often have the need for a small torque wrench for electrical fittings and small screws/bolts. Most of the of what I have seen is either high end and stupidly expensive or the other extreme and pretty poorly made. Happen to find this TEKTON 1/4 Inch Drive Dual-Direction Click Torque Wrench (10-150 in.-lb.) | TRQ21101on Amazon at a reasonable price. It is made in Taiwan, all metal construction and very nicely made. Look forward to testing it out.
View attachment 426172
i could use one of those actually

Hi everyone, I'm Bart and I have a machinery "problem" <group replies: "Hi Bart">

It seems a Kearney & Trecker 2H Plain horizontal milling machine followed me home today. I knew I wasn't going to get home in time to take pics before it got dark, so I snapped a couple during a fuel stop. It came from an estate auction, so I don't know much about it, but it was set up and running on 230V single-phase, so that's a bit of a bonus. Everything seems to move freely, feels snug, the flaking on the ways looks pretty good and the table looks decent, so I've got my fingers crossed. It came with a decent pile of cutters, spacers, etc....honestly not sure what a few of the fixtures are, but the guy had a pretty extensive machine shop in his detached garage, so I'm not even sure they should have gone with the mill or not. It needs a lot of cleaning and I'm sure it'll take a lot to sort through, but it was cheap enough I'm not worried...we'll see!

IMG_3080.jpgIMG_3086.jpgIMG_3074.JPGIMG_3075.JPGIMG_3081.JPG

Well, bought over the weekend, but it arrived yesterday (a day early):

Starrett 576.jpeg
Watched an old video from Tom Lipton where he snuck a Lufkin 0 — 1/2" micrometer into the job he was doing, and BINGO: I needed one. Found this Starrett 576 on eBay for 11% of the current list price; a few scuffs, an engraved ID # and it is dead on at 0.000" & 0.500". Shown here living in its new home (a customized Altoids tin).

Last edited:
Back