What Is The Name Of This Awesome Tool?

Much better than that style of bar, for moving machinery is what is called a steveadore bar, It has two bends about 3-4" apart in an L shape so that the handle rises at about a 45 degree angle, the first bend acts as a fulcrum point and the second one angles the handle upwards, that hay, one can work it standing up and no pinched fingers or aching back, this is what professional machinery movers use to initially raise a machine high enough to get a toe jack under; you raise the machine a bit and work wedges or step blocks under progressively until there is room for the toe jack. I bought a square pry bar beveled on one side with forged round handle, heated it to red and bent the angles with a vee block in my hydraulic press.288247

this one is awesome too
Carro-Alavanca-3-Toneladas-bovenau-al32001.JPG

this one is awesome too
Carro-Alavanca-3-Toneladas-bovenau-al32001.JPG
We call that a Mule around here. Definitely a great tool to have when moving heavy stuff. Mine has a big wooden handle and iron wheels. I’ve had it for about 35 yrs.

As Firstgear said, a Grizzly Bar or equivelant would do the job without breaking or you getting hurt.
Even safe movers use these to locate huge safes.

Thanks guys.
I found a Home Depot page for the wheeled bar that Cascao posted a pic of.

Here is the link:

Although pricey, I like how you can roll the machine around with just that one wheel, according to the item description anyways.

So, I posted about one awesome tool, but ended up learning about another, although kind of similiar.

Fyi, after reading your posts, I googled, "leverage bar." That search came up with quite a bit of different options.

I now have another tool that I must have, lol!

Actually, after seeing this 84" oak "lever dolly" on amazon for $240, I might (emphasis on might, like before I die) try to make one since I have tigerwood, which is much more dense/stronger than oak. I would also make sure to use grade 8 hardware and not use nuts/bolts from Harbor Freight ; -)

I found this more affordable lever dolly that is in my budget that I think I will buy:

Thanks for your input guys :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Z2V
Spend the extra $10 and get the 7’ bar.....the more leverage the easier it will be for you.

Back