Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

I tend not to be shy concerning log in names so mine is simply my initials and surname. R for Robert and J for Joseph.

In the past, I have used monikers like Country Smith because I do a bit of blacksmithing, Ridge Runner, my old CB handle, because there was a ridge right behind the house, and Pinnacle Bob because I Live on Pinnacle Rd. The funny thing about the lat one is that there is another Pinnacle Bob in Colorado and I kept getting his Yahoo email. I was on Yahoo mostly for the 10 x22 group and that has disappeared so I no longer use that account. There probably is tha mountain of unopened email for Pinnacle Bob somewhere in the cloud.

Mine is for my 1966 Austin Mini Cooper S. This is the Grand Daddy of all Mini Coopers, it has the 'big" engine 1275cc! I've owned this car since 1982. This is a picture of my parents in the car, they were in their 80's at that time so the picture is over 20 years old.

Richard

Mom and Dad in our Mini.JPG

A friend and I used to use digit codes via pager to indicate what we were calling about. 18436572 meant car stuff. 389-400-428-455 meant Pontiac stuff, which was the best. I built up a 428 a long time ago, they only made them for two years for the Catalina and Bonneville, '68-70. It was a real screamer with 1/8" more crank throw than the 400, but 1/8" shy of the severely rev-limited 455. Same bore and rods, so the R/S ratio is near ideal and the motor can still make 6k RPM like a 400. So I was all about the 428.

I joined this forum at a time in my life when I was very involved in my son's scouting careers.
My username is my position and the troop number. Asm109. Assistant Scout Master. Hey its only an hour a week!

Mine is the name of a long-forgotten, all-knowing (know-it-all) cartoon character, given to me by a good friend back in the roaring 70s. Thems were some high times!

Last edited:
DiscoDan...when I worked in DC many years ago there was a tagger going around the city painting DiscoDan everywhere. I an Dan so my coworkers started calling me Disco!
For awhile (long ago) my friends called me "Shark" because a new addition to that group mis-identified me with someone who WAS a shark. The nickname stuck because I was about a far away from that mentality as you could be so they all thought it was amusing. I suspect your handle falls in the same category.

Back