Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

Bill is a "shortened" William. Using the "11" for "LL" comes from archaic typewriters that did not have a numeric key for one or zero. To type those numbers one used a lower case "L" or an upper case "o". My father had a WW2 era Underwood typewriter that I got familiar with. My mother was a professional transcriber on an IBM electric but never brought her work home. From the old days when they used EBCDIC(?) coding instead of ASCII. I am a "touch typist" of sorts, I find the key I want and then touch it. That's as far as I got with typing.

Before computers (time BC) came along, I often used "Left Hand Thread" for voice communications, from an old, second rate science fiction story, When that developed an "off color" connotation in more recent years, I started using my name slightly misspelled on computers. It is easier to type on a computer and has fewer characters. My password is often my user name (slightly modified) from my US Steel user name on the payroll system. All easy to type and remember.

Bone Head. Given to me by an old line mechanic. When I got out of the Army and started at a Pontiac dealership as a new car prep man. I learned a lot from him, and when HEI came out I was the kid that "got it". I got to teach him then. Rest in peace Jack.
The avatar. You can blame the person who checked me out when I registered for this site.

Username was my small shops name for some 30 years . Avatar is a pic of my faithful Sheltie , "Roxy" ( the Princess) . After 7 years of chasing cars , she finally caught one and didn't fair to well . We miss her to this day .

Below is a picture of Roxy's nephews , Cooper and Charlie , along with Holly who came from Massachusetts . They belong behind bars !! LMAO !!

The Prisoners.png

I would have to say that is a decent mustasche. Most I see today, I would just shave off.

Shelties! Love'em, we're down to 2 now.. 8-( all from New England breeders and some of our best dogs ever.

Wachuko - made up nickname given by high school sweetheart…. Stuck with me… the nickname, not the girlfriend…

Even after over 30 years together, my wife is still not happy about it….

Avatar is a photo I took of my son back in 2005. I was working in the car and he came out of the house, jumped on the driver's seat, took my sunglasses, and started to pretend he was driving. I could not resist taking a photo of the moment...

IMG_7911.jpeg

That guy is going to be 20 years old come Tuesday (Sep 13)

IMG_0197.JPG

Back