Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

I think the staff research us on social media when we apply, which is how you all get to enjoy my happy face. My apologies.
They did let me pick my user name. At times it fits perfect.

My user name is what I do . . . imagineer stuff.

Professionally, I spend the bulk of everyday imagining, designing and overseeing the development of manufacturing solutions, most of which have never existed before.

Personally, I never stop designing stuff. While driving, eating, working, watching hockey, trying to sleep; I'm working out details on one of the many projects at work or home. It's a blessing and curse. A blessing, because I have the confidence that whatever fate throws at me, I'll probably come up with a solution. A curse because I'm rarely happy with the results and want to continually add improvements, and there are simply not enough available hours to make all the stuff I dream up.

Last edited:
Enoch is my last name and someone I aspire to be like (biblical Enoch, friend of God).

Avatar is a Senior Space Badge (USAF Space Command), now US Space Force. I was Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) in the US Air Force. AF retired my avatar for a new Space Badge.

OC because in live in the OC. John just because. And the avatar because it reflects my dull-witted, harmless nature. A warning to others not to take me too seriously.

e90c154359dbb08bcd42d0a4dcbab781_w200.gif

Initials and lastname. I was still working software development and that's also what I used at work when the picture was taken. The avatar is my bike and I. I'd gone up to my daughter's school to buy her books; starting her second year of college in 2011.

So those are my initial Darryl A.Malecki and 1979 is year I was born I have been using that handle when I first started out in the HVAC trade back in the mid 90s I wrote it on all my hand tools and corded drills and saw etc. and I still mark my tools they same way . I also use it on other sites also

Back