Wiring advice needed

Having stated that you have a Hot, Neutral & Ground + the lead designations, I believe this should be your solution. It's a simple 120V motor with both a start & a run capacitor. You could bypass the directional switch - but, I'm actually seeing a benefit to the reverse option in your application!
View attachment 388528
I don't know if I didn't mention it before,but this motor runs with 220V supply and I will be using it to build a one directional belt sander. Your wiring diagram looks to be setup fo a lathe?

I'll see if I can put together a quick sketch- stay tuned
-M
Question: the motor wires have those little white beads on them- do those have legible numbers?
Here's a motor plate diagram which seems to match yours: The bottom two configurations represent clockwise and counter-clockwise for 220 volts
You strap across as shown and the power comes in the bottom

Attachments

• HFmotorplate1xa.jpeg
    HFmotorplate1xa.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'll see if I can put together a quick sketch- stay tuned
-M
Question: the motor wires have those little white beads on them- do those have legible numbers?
Here's a motor plate diagram which seems to match yours: The bottom two configurations represent clockwise and counter-clockwise for 220 volts
Thanks Mark. Yes it is almost the same from what I can make out on my plate. The r/min differes a bit,1400r/min and draws that looks like 9.5A and instead of 20ųF mine shows 35ųF. But that is all. O and yes about the little beads,I just didn't use what God gave me aka MY EYES.....it wad right in front of me,I just turned them so I can see thm. Here is some pics.
20211215_083309.jpg20211215_083150.jpg

I don't have cross straps, I will see if I can get some somewhere. I must do a lot today before I close,I will see if I can get to it tomorrow. Sorry Mark but by saying power comes in at the bottom,where exactly is that. Sorry for the ignorance now.

In the photo of the data plate you can see the power coming in at the bottom as two little lines
Also, you don't need straps you can use short wires
Those eyeballs can be pretty handy sometimes LOL
We'll have to start calling you "The Mole"

Last edited:
BTW, when I work with a motor that I am not really too sure of I add pigtails with automotive fuses in line.
That way if I do something stupid, I blow a fuse.. so each power leg in gets the pigtail attached before it touches the motor.

That way I don't burn a winding up.

In the photo of the data plate you can see the power coming in at the bottom as two little lines
Also, you don't need straps you can use short wires
Those eyeballs can be pretty handy sometimes LOL
We'll have to start calling you "The Mole"
Thank you Mark. I only recently got myself reading glasses.....maybe use those more?
:laughing:

BTW, when I work with a motor that I am not really too sure of I add pigtails with automotive fuses in line.
That way if I do something stupid, I blow a fuse.. so each power leg in gets the pigtail attached before it touches the motor.

That way I don't burn a winding up.
That's a good plan.

Just get an eye transplant like in "Minority Report"
Frankly I'm so nearsighted I have to constantly take my glasses off to do anything close up

Back