Wiring advice needed

I'll see if I can put together a quick sketch- stay tuned
-M
Question: the motor wires have those little white beads on them- do those have legible numbers?
Here's a motor plate diagram which seems to match yours: The bottom two configurations represent clockwise and counter-clockwise for 220 volts
You strap across as shown and the power comes in the bottom
Hi Mark.

My brother inlaw came around,I spoke to you about him back when you were helping me with the wiring of my mill VFD, and he showed me this configurations and we wired it for running forward and it is running perfect. Now I don't know why there is different configurations for the same tipe of motor,but this one works. I am curious that if I am going to connect the wiring like the information plate you posted,if it will also work,but I'm not willing to take the chance though. Would it work,what do you think?

Michael

Attachments

• IMG-20211218-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211218-WA0001.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
Yes that would work for a single voltage 240 volt motor, with a single run winding plus start winding.
The previous ground we covered was for a dual voltage 120/240 v motor with two run windings plus start winding so you have to be aware of which type you are working with- they may both have U, V, and Z terminals but may be configured differently internally
-M

For a single voltage motor like that above, the start and run capacitors would need to be rated for the full 240 volts which is usually NOT the case with the dual voltage motors. The dual voltage motor only applies 120 volts to the start circuit in both the high and low voltage cases
so it allows using lower voltage capacitors
-M

Last edited:
Back