OK. I corrected 619 to 618.

Keep close watch on here . I sold a SB heavy 10 and an Atlas 10F within the past 1.5 years . I put them on here but usually they sell on CL pretty fast . They were $400 each . I do have 3 more lathes that I'll most likely be getting soon . When I do , you'll see them on here and Baltimore CL .

Keep close watch on here . I sold a SB heavy 10 and an Atlas 10F within the past 1.5 years . I put them on here but usually they sell on CL pretty fast . They were $400 each . I do have 3 more lathes that I'll most likely be getting soon . When I do , you'll see them on here and Baltimore CL .

I sure will keep an eye out for these lathes on these forums. If you have a similar lathe (SB heavy or Atlas 10") in the same price range, I'd buy it asap. I am on a tight budget, hence not after perfection. A decent functioning lathe is all I am looking for.

Thanks for all the info and help.

Jet 9" , Atlas 12" and a Clausing 12" .

Jet 9" , Atlas 12" and a Clausing 12" .

I'd be interested in the Jet 9". I just looked up a few videos on Youtube. Looks like the 9x20 (if that's what you might be getting) is small enough to qualify as a "bench lathe," and should be more than enough for me at the moment. I am also assuming that it would fit my budget nicely.

I have always been fascinated by the SB Heavy 10. Some day I will get one :).

I posted pics of the Jet on here sometime back in last summer . It was getting late in the year so I told the woman we would wait for this year . You might be able to find them , maybe back in Sept or so . Basically a new lathe .

I posted pics of the Jet on here sometime back in last summer . It was getting late in the year so I told the woman we would wait for this year . You might be able to find them , maybe back in Sept or so . Basically a new lathe .

I think you posted it here. Let me PM you.

OK. I corrected 619 to 618.

A rare one just popped up on CL Philadelphia, a SB C9-10JR with a 4' bed. Though it is over-priced (in my opinion) and is way over my budget, as a matter of academic interest, it would be great if you could share any info you might have on this model. I searched around the net but wasn't able to find any real information about this particular model.

In the meanwhile, my search continues :).

Thanks in advance!

I just went through various SB catalogs dated between 1931 and 1967 and don't find any catalog numbers or model numbers anything like that. I did confirm that a 4ft bed on a 9" would mean a 9x28 machine. And if the "C" in the model number given means a Model C, then that means manual cross feed only.

Back