Yet Another VFD problem

I need to have a means to turn on/off power to the VFD and a means to turn the motor on and off when the VFD is powered up.
You don't need this second part. Or in other words the VFD is the means to turn the motor on and off.
There should not be any kind of switch between the VFD and the motor. Disconnecting the motor from the VFD while the VFD is powered up, can damage the VFD.

Since you only need FWD (no REV) then the answer could be as simple as routing the RUN signal through the E-Stop pushbutton of your new box (and don't use the on/off pushbuttons on the new box)

So, could I use the DP Single throw switch and a normal single throw switch mounted side by side?
The normal switch connected as a remote on/off to the VFD?

Line in is 2 Pole, both hot. Probably best you wait for someone else who can better explain it. Not really up on all the common names of parts.

could I use the DP Single throw switch and a normal single throw switch mounted side by side?
What DP single throw switch are you referring to? Is that what's on your existing box (the one with the speed pot)? Or are you referring to the thing you recently got off ebay?

The thing you got off ebay is two devices in one box.
Device #1: a simple e-stop switch. Being a simple switch, you can run whatever voltage you want through it (5V, 12V, 24V, 120V, 240V, whatever).
Device #2: A magnetic start/stop button module. This is like a combination of two buttons and a relay. Or maybe it's more like a solenoid than a relay. In any case, it has a coil in it, and that coil is rated for 220V. You can't use that start/stop module with the 12V from your drive. The only way you can use that start/stop module is to apply/remove 220V mains to the VFD input.

Sorry, I was referring to something like this

Attachments

• PXL_20231028_231351058.jpg
    PXL_20231028_231351058.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 4
Back