Your favorite youtube machinists?

I love YouTube.
I enjoy all the names mentioned.
My top 3, Joe Pie, Mr. Renzetti and Mr. Pete. Tom Lipton.

An off ramp to this is the search I did on youtube whilst trying to repair the 1440.
'Richard King Scraping Class'
Returns a few videos of participant's videos of the classes. (and there's even cameos of some Members...)

There are also some hidden gems from lesser known guys and gals- I will suggest these but there are many more out there and I have learned as much from these folks as some of the bigger names.

chirpey's tinkerings - a barefoot maker of modest means and demeanor.

Tech Ingredients - ok not a machinist but a really stiff college professor type with a bunch of cool projects and experiments. If money was no object, you could do this too.

Emma's spareroom machine shop - not your typical fare or host.

Without any question , my favorite by FAR ! :encourage:

I enjoy most of them, but Keith Fenner is my favorite. A lot of interesting real world projects, with a lot of variety and pretty entertaining. Mike

Don't know if they're on YouTube, but the first series I watched were from Tom Griffin, Tom's Techniques. We all start from some place, watching his video(s) showed me how to use an edge finder. I didn't realize that you had the mill running and watched for the "kick". I'd set the lower portion flush with the upper and move the table until I felt movement with my fingernail.

Tom gives advise on set ups for centering a rotary table, cutter speeds, etc. He's a retired shop teacher and from what I gathered from his videos is a really good teacher.

I had a lot of "butt time" at work for a stretch when our car assembly plant was down and watched 350 of Mr. Pete's videos. Really good choice for beginners and experienced machinists.

I don't follow anyone at present, just do a YouTube search for a technique I'm interested in learning at a given time.

Bruce

Last edited:
Back