2014 POTD Thread Archive

Got the carbon fiber tubing cut for the rear v bars and the ends epoxied in place.

My daughter wants a red and black theme. She likes the red orings but I am not sold on them yet.
eqyquper.jpg

sent from my hand held hickymajig

I'm with you on the red "O" rings. How about anodizing the parts bright red then using black "O" rings? What kind of shooting does your daughter do, JOAD, 3D, olympic, pleasure, etc? Nice work by the way!

-Ron

Very nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures as you progress.......:))

Today I started work on the Crankshaft Center Bearing holder for The "Howell V4 " 4 cycle gas engine. This is a Jerry E. Howell design and I bought the plans and started this project about 3 years ago. Because of some major life changes during that time I am slightly behind, but trying to catch up. This has been a challenging project and not something to be rushed. As I move along I will post more pictures.

View attachment 79180

She shoots in the JOAD program at my gun club. She has one year under her belt. I can probably talk her out of the o-rings.

I can probably talk her out of the o-rings.

If you ever have occasion to make another of these, you might consider something fanciful, like red anodizing, followed by a skim cut ... leaving (recessed) red bands on an otherwise bright surface.:thinking:

Still bored and no orders yet, so today I started a tool change station for my HSK63 holders,

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hi Friends. Great thread! It will take a long time for me to page through.

A couple of weekends ago, I built a spindle foot for a c-clamp (please see pictures). I started to make these several years ago when the company I worked for at the time threw Wilton 400 series c-clamps away because the spindle feet were broken off. I rescued them from the trash can and started my c-clamp collection that way. A couple of years ago, I fixed a Craftsman c-clamp that way because I didn't want to trade my USA made c-clamp for a Chinese one (a rant for another day).

They are very easy to cut on a lathe starting with a piece of 1.5" dowel stock. To keep the spindle foot on the ball of the spindle, just cut a groove inside the hole where the ball goes into. After mounting the foot on the spindle, press in a snap ring or piece of spring into the groove with a screwdriver.

Happy Trails,
Mark in Indiana

IMG_20140624_185842.jpg IMG_20140624_185855.jpg

Wife: Honey I broke the lower valance off my cabinet. (man hears honey fix this)

20140623_135356.jpg

Man says I think I can fix that. (But is thinking a chance to play in the shop, and show her these tools are useful.)

20140623_135408.jpg

Man says honey all fixed up (is thinking see I told you these tool are useful)

20140623_134707.jpg

Wife thank you honey (is thinking he will remind me of this next time he buys more tool)

20140623_140702.jpg

Some times it's good when she is right:roflmao:

20140623_135356.jpg 20140623_135408.jpg 20140623_134707.jpg 20140623_140702.jpg

Wife: Honey I broke the lower valance off my cabinet. (man hears honey fix this)

View attachment 79258

Man says I think I can fix that. (But is thinking a chance to play in the shop, and show her these tools are useful.)

View attachment 79259

Man says honey all fixed up (is thinking see I told you these tool are useful)

View attachment 79260

Wife thank you honey (is thinking he will remind me of this next time he buys more tool)

View attachment 79261

Some times it's good when she is right:roflmao:

:applause::laughinghard:

Back