Are these glass scales compatible?

Should be able to drill and tap that flat area to the right of the spindle stop screw. Just get some standoffs and bring the scale out. It'll take time to design and build the mounts, but it should work.

I'm pretty certain that everything arrives today. I hope to start working on the mounting of the scales right away. The mill had a 2 axis DRO mounted previously so I have some of what I need to mount the Y axis the X axis was of course drilled and tapped, What are the odds that the new scale will just bolt on? My guess would be slim to none. I did order two scales for the Z the knee should be pretty straight forward the quill less so. I should be able to mount the tablet onto the existing arm from the old DRO.
Although, Now Im distracted by getting a call that my Tube audio amps and tube preamp are ready to be picked up. I hve a feeling that I will be seting up the audio system and listening to music the rest of the afternoon.

Success!

Hooked up my scales this morning on the 'bench' (my desk) and slowly ran them back and forth on the axis. Smooth increments, no number jumping. The calibration is way off - I'd say by about 50% - (260mm scale showing around 130mm) so I'll work through that when I get them installed on the mill. But so far so good. The wiring from the Amazon article was correct - I just ignored the 'R1' wire and hooked up the other four.
Hello
I have everything, Fedex is rather unpredictable. If you don't mind just a little clarification on the pin out. I have a few other things I need to do today but would like to finish the box today.

Hello
I have everything, Fedex is rather unpredictable. If you don't mind just a little clarification on the pin out. I have a few other things I need to do today but would like to finish the box today.
The wiring diagram on the website / amazon page has 5 pinouts. One is labeled "R1". R1 doesn't map to anything on the TouchDRO device. I just left it un-wired. No issues. Basically - ignore the "R1" wire / pinout. It doesn't go to anything on the TouchDRO device.

Ok I have one scale hooked up.... I need to test so I download the app, connect bluetooth. It appears to connect for about 2 seconds then disconnects. No luck reconnecting, so I forget device and connect new device again and 2 seconds.
I was thinking it was the off brand tablet. So I tried my phone, same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

Ok I have one scale hooked up.... I need to test so I download the app, connect bluetooth. It appears to connect for about 2 seconds then disconnects. No luck reconnecting, so I forget device and connect new device again and 2 seconds.
I was thinking it was the off brand tablet. So I tried my phone, same thing. Anyone have any ideas?
Not sure it will help, but I turned off 'nearby device scanning' at settings > connections > more connection settings.

Are you using a small or large power brick to power the TouchDRO device? Its possible its not supplying enough amps, causing disconnect issues. I'm using one of the larger ones - 2 amp supply I think.

Back