Are these glass scales compatible?

Are you using a small or large power brick to power the TouchDRO device? Its possible its not supplying enough amps, causing disconnect issues. I'm using one of the larger ones - 2 amp supply I think.
I will try that next. the one I am using is from a JBL speaker. it is larger than a cell phonecharger but I have a big one I will try.

I will try that next. the one I am using is from a JBL speaker. it is larger than a cell phonecharger but I have a big one I will try.
As it turns out I was using a 2.3 amp power supply. I changed cords still the same thing on tablet and phone. connects for 1 second the disconnects. when I try to reconnect it it doesn't do anything. although it shows up as a previously connected device.

I also tried another phone. Same
I'm begining to think it might be the board.

Well stupid me. It was my mistake I wasn't trying to connect from the app. Yuriy made a house call. fixed me right up. Pretty handy when you live right down the road from the "The Guy"
We had a nice long chat, Heck of a nice guy. I'm really looking forward to getting this up and running on the machine.
BTW Thank you guys for your help.

Well stupid me. It was my mistake I wasn't trying to connect from the app. Yuriy made a house call. fixed me right up. Pretty handy when you live right down the road from the "The Guy"
We had a nice long chat, Heck of a nice guy. I'm really looking forward to getting this up and running on the machine.
BTW Thank you guys for your help.
How has your setup worked out for you?

How has your setup worked out for you?
My electrician buddy just stopped by today to make sure I had all of the parts to power up the mill. So probably on Sunday I can start making some chips
So I have only one of the scales mounted on the mill at this time. I need the mill powered up so I can make mounts for the other scales/ read heads.
So I can't really answer you fully yet, but the X axis works great. I'm very sure that it will all workout very nice. I noticed as soon as I opened the app on the tablet it would connect to the Bluetooth and remember where it's located.
I went through the calibration for the one scale and it is spot on. I back checked it by moving the table 12" and it was exactly on the money. after I have everything finished I will check it with some 123 blocks as well.
So far so good, I cant believe it has taken so long to get this thing up and running. It' a good thing I didn't need to make money with it. I would be in the soup line.
If you weren't aware it took me over two months to get a new motor.

I've also been delayed by several months. The Optimum Optimill MH 35V I purchased had some electrical faults and due to supply shortages it's getting replaced by a Optimum Optimill MH 50V instead.

Since that machine is slightly bigger I had to order a longer scale for the X-axis. There seems to have been some revision made to these scales because the longer scale I ordered for the new machine cam with slightly different accessories including plastic end caps for the protective aluminum cover and cable base pin output adapter.

PXL_20210509_112211774.jpg

I now have all the scales I need, just waiting for the milling machine to be exchanged....

PXL_20210509_112151596.jpg

I was just looking at the lathe last night. Now I'm considering putting a touch DRO on that. The 40" scale would just make it.

Back