The Eifel Plierench...what most people have been missing!

OMG… just digging through a pile of estate auction pliers and wrenches…. Look what I found?!?
No other jaws though
Still.. these are definitely nice!!!
0027C8EA-8123-4971-9BB5-9D7C8DC7F7EE.jpeg

Wow - two of them! Now you have enough of them...for now LOL!

I admit after using the regular sized ones, I got my smaller ones and tend to use them A LOT. There are some jobs they much better fit due to reduced size - but still have all the grip.

A couple pages I had not seen before from an Eifel Brochure. Also a link to a video of using the spring making jaw. Nothin high quality as to the video...just showing how it can be used. The video represents my second time ever using that jaw. The first was a dry run for the video.
Eifel Plierench Spring Making Jaw

Attachments

• Eifel_Bending_Metal.jpg
    Eifel_Bending_Metal.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Eifel_WWI_AirForce_toolkit.jpg
    Eifel_WWI_AirForce_toolkit.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 14
You might want to have ebay send you an email whenever someone posts one. I remember one of the ones I got awhile ago had all the jaws, but you had to look at the whole listing to see it. Also, just having a set with the main jaw is a lot better than none at all. There were two of them with an older tool I did not recognize that went for (I believe) 12.99 and shipping just yesterday or so.

Sometime they show up in tool lots also. I have the ones I need (4 of them now!), but enjoy seeing what else comes up so I have ebay tell me daily what is newly listed.

I have been using the Plierench for many things. It was perfect for extracting a piece of hardened nail from the tread of a tire (the nail didn’t puncture the tire). My Knipex pliers could not get than done, and that nail just laughed at them.

I used it for turning the 8-sided collar for the crossfeed screw shaft, and I’m convinced it worked better than an end wrench.

I replaced the 5/32 key pin on the cross slide ball handle with a new one and used the Plierench to hold it securely for shortening on the grinder. That would not have been fun even in my Wilde slip-joint pliers.

And for unscrewing the smooth tie rod from the taper attachment in my large, everything else would have with slipped or gouged the surface.

Rick “gonna need more than one pair of these” Denney

Just used mine a couple of days ago when I had a 'sleeve' that was coming out of an insert toolholder when I tried to unscrew the post (there was no insert installed). After fussing with it a bit, I grabbed the Plierench, gripped the thin little rim of the 'sleeve' and neatly unscrewed the post neither marring the sleeve nor straining to grip. Definitely a tool worth owning!
GsT

Wow - this is great - thanks for posting. I do not know if I missed this being online or it is a fresh upload. I spent quite a long time trying to find an online Eifel Plierench brochure or book/etc. before I finally bit the bullet and bought an eBay-offered copy (for ~40.00 dollars). Actually I believe there is more than one version and *think* it is because they updated it throughout the years .
I was planning on going to Staples and having some reprints made of mine to offer (hopefully for less than I paid for the original!) just so people could get a hard copy easily. But this download makes that idea a project I can likely check off of my to do list.

Back