10” x 30” lathe master electrical problem

Yes aaa wrote it backwards I looked again after you wrote that, and I have it backwards. Simple repair not now, I have it all torn apart and I am re-doing all the the bad connections and cleaning up the wiring. I will re-write the schematic once i have it back together for others if they have similar problem. Thanks again for your imput it has been very helpful.

Last edited:
Yes, not a bad idea at all- putting a schematic up here for others. And for clarification sake and for those which follow, A1 and A2 terminals are always the control function side of a relay. They are used to receive a voltage input from a switch, remote switch, etc; and used to pull the coil in.

For single phase relays:
A1 - for Hot
A2 - for Neutral

I did not get to it as I had liked, had to do honey do lists this weekend, plus I had a 7x10 mini lathe in pieces I had to put back together. It has been in a box for 10 years, I got it all together except one screw. Still working on cleaning up the lathe master as it was covered in grease and oil, then I will get to re-wiring.

Gotcha Kungfo...sounds like you're having all grades of fun. Have fun man. Keep us posted on that wiring. chris

I had a little time last night to put more wires together I tested the motor and it is fine,, so I have started putting back together.

I have proof of life, it’s alive!
I wired to the last schematic however the switch when I turn it off, does not turn it off, only the drum switch in the 0 position stops it. I didn’t try the guard switch. It runs forward, off, reverse.

2F2729BD-A166-4177-B688-C825A9B6F802.jpeg

next i would like to wire up the yellow stop switch i bought, i only wired it in the original setup to see if it worked. I am driving call me please not sure exactly how to wire the safety switch in, could you guys help?

Refer back to post 40 and 41, all safety switches would go in series with the "mystery wire" you originally asked about- let us know if you're not clear on this
Mark

Back