[How do I?] 110v to 220v change

It is if you don't see smoke :laughing:

Anyone have a 20 220v plug? ;)
Several, stop by with some of your local brews and you can pick through them... :beer:

When I got my mill, and didn't have a plug yet, I stripped the wires off and wired it directly to the line, you know, like a real machinist would do as the electrician shakes his head.
:chemist:˂--- closest icon I could find. there isn't a 'cringe' one... :grin:

It does not have a reverse switch so I think it’s good to go.

Not to further distract, but...have you considered upgrading your switch gear to allow forward/reverse operation? I'm in the same position with my Craftex mill/drill. Truth be told, the primary advantage I can see is left-hand drilling (to remove stuck bolts, etc). Probably not for tapping as my mill doesn't have a sufficiently low speed to make that feasible.

Craig

I may have. What NEMA number do you need?

No worries, I was ribbing @MontanaLon about my not making chips yet for want of a plug. A quick trip to the store will solve the problem. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"all he's got is the habit" as we used to say when someone bums a smoke ;) and a match

Not to further distract, but...have you considered upgrading your switch gear to allow forward/reverse operation? I'm in the same position with my Craftex mill/drill. Truth be told, the primary advantage I can see is left-hand drilling (to remove stuck bolts, etc). Probably not for tapping as my mill doesn't have a sufficiently low speed to make that feasible.

Craig

I have yes, just haven’t done much more than that.
I have a Square D reverse switch on my lathe which would be perfect for the mill.
Speed-wise a DC motor and controller would be nice. And that would also allow for reversing too (I think)

here is a picture of how it would look , i added pixelated red jumpers to illustrate their positions for 220v operation

View attachment 315172

if i'm correct, the motor will turn in the correct direction.
if the motor runs in reverse direction, move the jumper from T4,T5 and move it from T4 to T1
As per usual Ulma,you went the extra mile to help.

I have yes, just haven’t done much more than that.
I have a Square D reverse switch on my lathe which would be perfect for the mill.
Speed-wise a DC motor and controller would be nice. And that would also allow for reversing too (I think)
NEXT PROJECT (suggestion):
Keep your eyes peeled for a treadmill. Treadmill conversion time! :grin:

NEXT PROJECT (suggestion):
Keep your eyes peeled for a treadmill. Treadmill conversion time! :grin:

Indeed. I need to do some investigation to understand what’s involved.

Back