2015 POTD Thread Archive

It's not your average gas station e-cig, that puppy is high output, allows you to blow clouds big enough to use as an escape diversion lol

" BIG E CIG " ....
What's it for , to have at the back of your car and fire it up so you can look like loony racers tearing down the street ?
or
Shove it in the smoke stack of model garden sized " Old Timer " frontiersman steam engine that has electricity as its power source ?

I've just seen your last post ......... (LAST POST ?? :angel: ;) )

Are you really skungin in a heavy dose of nicotine Chevvy ?

We used to spray it in the chicken sheds to kill red mite... had to wear breathing apparatus & full personal protection gear to stop getting nicotine poisoning ..... it was very very effective .

If it does that to the red mites , what's it going to do to the soft delicate membranes in your lungs , breathing tract and mouth in the short & long term .

Got any pictures of it fired up ?

Last edited:
the juices available have different levels of nicotine, i use 6mg, which is a rather low dose, i tried to take a puff off a cigarette after i had started vaping alot, made me sick lol, to much nicotine. you speak of the dangers of nicotine, i mean cmon dude, everyone knows cigarettes are terrible for you, but people still smoke, chew will eat your throat, but people still do it. vaping is just a cleaner alternative to smoking a cigarette, there is much less chemicals, propylene glycol is one of them, its in inhalers to do what, help people breathe? i feel much better being a vaper than a smoker, healthier.

I guess the what's it for, rather why, instead of the average type, is solely for the cloud, it's "cool" there's cloud blowing competitions, which to me is like "really?" Haha, but to each there own, the setup I use produces great flavor, that's another big reason to use the mod box over a standard e-cig is a much more flavorful vape, I pretty much use a green apple flavor, but just about any flavor you can think of is out there. You may think it's stupid but in reality it's a tool, a tool that got me to quit smoking cigarettes, and eventually I may quit vaping. I did just swap one for the other, but the other is cleaner and not nearly as harmful as far as the world knows at this point.

I started vaping a couple years ago. I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 years ago. I smoked cigars for a couple years, but got to the point I was smoking 4-5 a day. The day I started vaping, I cut back to one. Now it is one every few days. Even good hand made cigars were about 5 times less expensive than cigarettes. Vaping is about 10 times cheaper than cigars and vapor doesn't stink up anywhere or leave a mess. Basically, what you exhale is steam.

It would probably be better if I gave up cigars, but I don't want to. As long as I can just smoke one occasionally, they don't have the negative breathing effects that cigarettes had, or even cigars before I started vaping. Smoking an occasional cigarette was never possible for me. Coughing and wheezing is a thing of the past for me.

I don't use a mod. They require a lot more juice, which can add up.

Chevvy ,
How's it work out cost for cost wrt 30 ciggies per day ?
What sort of dimensions are your smoke box ?

Franko ,
looks like we both posted at the same time ..thanks for the cost angle

Yeah I spend about 60 a month on vape, smoking was closer to 300, add the cost of driving to get the damn things, I get my juice shipped to the post office, one trip every 3wks or so.
The box is 2x3.75x1.0, the DT is .100 deep, and the pocket is .800 deep with if I remember. 080 thick walls

Picked up a Gorton 265 endmill sharpener Friday. Have been rebuilding it over the weekend. Found out it takes 4ns collets. Well, being the trained machinist that I am I made an adapter to use R8 collets. I have quite a few of these. The r8's are rather inexpensive as compared to the 4ns ones. Got it cleaned up, painted and all back together today and stared building a stand for it. Still not sure where it will go as floor space is very minimal in my 25' X 75' shop. Just way to much stuff.

Hey Kizmit,

I've been thinking about this same modification, but was worried that the reflected light from all the dust in the cabinet might actually be worse with a brighter light. Have you tried it? How does it compare?

Thanks,
-brino

I used it today - it was literally the difference between night and day... My original lamp had burned out quite a while ago, so using the cabinet was basically just plain dark. With the new lights it was awesome. I got the lamps from SciPlus: http://www.sciplus.com/p/120VAC-18-INCH-LED-FIXTURE_56172, used two of them. Even though the original lamp used a 12v transformer, the switch was rated 125v, so I just rewired and used the original switch. Total investment was the two lights, 2 wirenuts and about a foot of adhesive backed velcro. Well worth it :encourage::encourage::encourage:

Back