2018 POTD Thread Archive

View attachment 266556
Needed a rack for tailstock tools.

I like that. Just gave me an idea to use another piece of that rectangular aluminum I have kicking around.
cee60b0b34965836f9e22b108a600309.jpg
I posted this already my reduced shank drills. That’s what I’ll use to make the tailstock tool rack like yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this already my reduced shank drills. That’s what I’ll use to make the tailstock tool rack like yours
If you want to make the rack out of a solid block, like the one for your drill bits, you might want to try a step drill to "form" the holes. Not a perfect match for a Morse taper, but not too bad.

If you want to make the rack out of a solid block, like the one for your drill bits, you might want to try a step drill to "form" the holes. Not a perfect match for a Morse taper, but not too bad.

My rack was made out aluminum rectangle not solid. I have several more pieces of it.

I like that. Just gave me an idea to use another piece of that rectangular aluminum I have kicking around.
cee60b0b34965836f9e22b108a600309.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that I see it again, It was your drill bit rack that got my wheels turning.
I just lacked some rectangle square tubing and had to make do with some 6061 plate and screws.

nothing fancy
Ok for Form to follow Function. This looks very neat and effective. it doesn't have to be Art-Deco to be great. Think of the time you saved that can be used to build something else. Nicely done.

Back