2018 POTD Thread Archive

Plan to build a carport down the side of the shop. Tired of clearing ice and snow off the truck. So the logical first step is go to the bush and bring home a log to cut the beams out of.
image1.JPG

Thats me on the tractor wiping deer flies out of my hair. The bugs were horrible.

Greg

Ok, That first pic was a little deceiving I was like that is a little over kill on the size. But then got a better look on the next one, when I figured out it was siting on a table in front of the mill and not on the floor in front of it. It is looking good.

Ha! It’s probably still overkill.

I installed and trammed the Kurt today, and made an arbour to fit the Haff Schneider probe.

25BA27F6-84BD-4A4D-910C-9E39B7C5B81C.jpeg
Straight out of the box, no calibration done, and it’s only 0.02mm off... of course that could be down to measuring the gauge block indirectly rather than directly. :)
B4F77725-43E3-4177-96B4-EC47C94B26E5.jpeg

Made a step pulley out of some 6061 aluminum.

Started out with the basic blank turned to the outside diameters...
image.jpeg

Then turned a groove in each tier to the minimum diameter...
image.jpeg

Then forgot to take a picture until after I had taken all the angled cheeks to depth...
image.jpeg

But I think you probably get the idea anyway.
image.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

-frank

Last month i've been driving without a stereo in my car, the factory unit died. I looked at replacements, and being a french car of course they have to do things different than the norm, the opening is about 10 mm smaller than a double din unit and the slot is for a single din stereo, i looked for adapters for mounting kits no one makes them, so i ordered the cheapest double din stereo i could find and today i disassembled my dashboard and cut apart the centre section to make room for the new stereo, i made my own steel brackets also had to pull new wires for reversing camera the biggest problem was the ash tray making room had to cut off the hinges, now i have music when i'm driving and the day isn't over yet.
DSC_0279.JPGDSC_0281.JPGDSC_0283.JPGDSC_0285.JPGDSC_0287.JPGDSC_0289.JPGDSC_0294.JPG

Yesterday wasn't over for me with installing the new stereo in my car, just as i was writing about it here my brother called me, he run off the road and he is leaving for vacation today and he booked his car for the boat transport, so at 10pm he limp the car to the big garage, not much damage on the body bumper popped out which was 30 seconds fix but sounded like a tractor and had every warning light on the dash, he managed to rip out the entire exhaust system and turn it in to a pretzel, event damaged the wiring when the oxygen sensors ripped out. So i gave him my car to finish shopping and i started making a mass of my garage looking for parts, removed a exhaust manifold from a spare engine because one of the car was in half and started cutting and welding difference sections, quickly made couple of bungs for the O2 sensors on my lathe and finish building a completely new exhaust with an oil changed because the oil filter was smashed at 2 am, i was in a hurry so i did not take any pictures sorry.

Back