2020 POTD Thread Archive

Thanks. Pretty easy. Make sure you have clearance where the saw rests on the arbor. The nose radius of your lathe tool getting into that corner can be a problem unless you make a little grove there where the ID of the saw hole sits. Does that make sense?
Robert

Thanks. Pretty easy. Make sure you have clearance where the saw rests on the arbor. The nose radius of your lathe tool getting into that corner can be a problem unless you make a little grove there where the ID of the saw hole sits. Does that make sense?
Robert

What material did you make the parts from? Nice job.

I just used mild steel. I don't think this needs to be hardened. Keep in mind, tool steel does not have significantly less flex than mild steel. Mine is made with a 0.627 shaft to fit and R8 5/8" collet.
Robert

It was always a tradition in my family to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. I think I’m probably the only one who still follows this, but I do and as I put on the ornaments I’m always reminded of who gave this or that one to me, what I was doing in life when I got another one, etc. Each one has its own story for me and often involves people who are no longer among us. Many are handmade, some very old by now. So I thought to myself, “self, you should make an ornament this year for your sisters..” So I did......

2C39A3C7-A61E-437E-8BB6-3FAEB6065148.jpeg

Merry Christmas, and stay safe out there!

-frank

Back