2021 POTD Thread Archive

tore apart my new to me rotary table 6" cleaned it up internally, it needed new grease (not really)
I was going to use Moly when I realized what a waste since this doesn't spin at high speed, and I had half a gallon can of Lubriplate still.
so re-greased the worm, and pinion.. and just inspected.. I was in good shape, just need a 4mm screw to replace a missing one... not even sure why it's there...

I also enlarged the holes in the base, since it would not fit on my table.. my clausing table is small... 6" x 24... :( Don't believe what they say SIZE DOES MATTER.
20211029_154205.jpg20211029_171646.jpg20211029_171652.jpg20211029_171701.jpg20211029_175754.jpg

I made a hose clamp thingy:

1635560596982.png

It was probably silly to make this, since I could have bought one for $60. I did get some practice with interference fit dowel pins. This was harder to make than I thought.

It does make a nice looking hose clamp. Even with a small diameter.

1635563603863.png

Robert

Last edited:

View attachment 383615

It was probably silly to make this, since I could have bought one for $60. I did get some practice with interference fit dowel pins. This was harder to make than I thought.

Robert
I made 2 of those, one for me, and one for my son. They are great. I use them for air hoses, and have fixed a few things.
just handy having it around..

Reactions: rwm

View attachment 383615

Robert

Not silly at all... we do this because we love to make stuff... not because it is less expensive than buying it... Keeps our mind busy and sharp...

That came out great!

I'm back from a brief forum hiatus! My phone camera died which I relied on for shop photos. I have a new phone with new cameras, so back to posting.

Tom Lipton showed off a really cool little vise-mount bender ...

Finally, a quick note on the plans. I don't have the rights to distribute the plans for this, but anyone interested should be able to email Tom and get them for free. I grabbed his email address from the bottom of his site, http://www.oxtoolco.com/

Tom has his writeup, pics, and plans down near the bottom of his Blog page:

Tom has his writeup, pics, and plans down near the bottom of his Blog page:
... Wow, that probably would have made the whole build go a lot more smoothly Thanks for posting that!

I had fun designing and making a bottle opener with my CNC. The design was fun, I love eagles and worked to incorporate my BladesIIB logo into the wings and legs. The Fusion 360 design was a good challenge as well as figuring out how to machine both sides since the material was already at thickness. I am sure there are better ways to flip and hold the part but the fixture jig I made worked well and was also good learning in Fusion to project parts onto other parts to extend the geometry so to speak.

Today i began my day in the big garage, first unhang the suspension parts and staged them for assembling. Also brought out the front axles and driveshaft. Then i got on a ladder broth down my and my father's winter tires from the rack. Staged them and drove both cars one by one and changed the tires, i also performed an inspection, greased all the joints. The 605 is showing sign of old age, both outer CV joint boots have holes and are slinging grease. The heat in the 605 is not working, checked and it seems to have a clogged heater core, i'm afraid of unclogging it. I may just make it leak, and changing it is a dash out job. Productive day, the cordless impact really speeds up this job.
IMG_20211026_184956.jpgIMG_20211026_185608.jpgIMG_20211024_093906.jpg

View attachment 383615

It does make a nice looking hose clamp. Even with a small diameter.

View attachment 383617

Robert

That's cool, I'm not sure how it works but it sure turns out a nice tight clamp. Whenever I get my lathe and mill, I'm going to add one of those to the list of things to make. Is there plans on line? Or do you have plans you would like to share?

I'm as green as they get, I need plans. LOL

EDIT: I just checked it out online, pretty cool clamp setup. I think I could make one of those even without plans.

Last edited:
Back