2021 POTD Thread Archive

I can't tell what's wrong with that bit of (looks like) aluminum. However, I'm curious why I can't see any fasteners securing the vise to the table?
That is what I kept asking myself… How is that vise secured to the table???

I can't tell what's wrong with that bit of (looks like) aluminum. However, I'm curious why I can't see any fasteners securing the vise to the table?
It's not secured, I had taken it off to put the piece of aluminum up and work on it un-impeeded.
it's got keys in the bottom, so it's hard to get in and out.. not worrying about it dropping off.

You guys aren't looking hard enough..

Now did any of you see my little baby bottles? grrrrr.. I put them away real good.

well, gotta get my haircut, take a shower and drive up to Connecticut... I'll check in with you later.

Lets see got the Hilti , the concrete bolts, the hole saws... of course I don't have the size needed (3.5) odd size for the Mr Cool..
Got the drywall stuff... what could my pea brain forget b4 I leave.

maybe the angle of the pic is making it hard to see... check out the quill handle.

up at my sons... apparently no interest in what's wrong.

The quill handle runs into the new piece. That aluminum has 2 very small bearings that were the bearings for disk drive head.
I put a hollow tube between them and a piece of lead on the leather to pull the shade to protect the ways.

Fail... because of the handle. That's when I realized that I've been down this road before, and during planning realized I would run into that.
But months later I forgot and built it (differently but the same) and hit the issue.

up until that, it was working as I wanted, and the aluminum was self cleaning the leather of the chips... ...

up at my sons... apparently no interest in what's wrong.

The quill handle runs into the new piece. That aluminum has 2 very small bearings that were the bearings for disk drive head.
I put a hollow tube between them and a piece of lead on the leather to pull the shade to protect the ways.

Fail... because of the handle. That's when I realized that I've been down this road before, and during planning realized I would run into that.
But months later I forgot and built it (differently but the same) and hit the issue.

up until that, it was working as I wanted, and the aluminum was self cleaning the leather of the chips... ...
Ahhhhhh…

So you made a shorter handle now for when doing this task? Or plan to?

Today my 605 decided to leak some coolant and it has no heat. The engine is getting up to temp, last year i replaced the thermostat and coolant also flush the cooling system, but the coolant again looks like dirt, this engine has incredibly high mileage so the engine block must be full dirt. I pressure tested the entire system up to 1,5 bar and there was no leaks, not sure where the coolant come from but i proceeded to fix the heater. First i drain the coolant and its awful, then had to take off the upper intake and couple of the boost pipes. Then i hooked up my 3/4" garden hoses from the tap and the other to drain in bucket, i flashed it in both direction and use some oven degreaser. Put it together and now i have much better heat. This car has surve me very well but it's getting near its end i plan to get it registered for 2022 as well but if there is any big bills i'll park it.
IMG_20211104_182858.jpgIMG_20211108_195745.jpgIMG_20211108_210745.jpgIMG_20211108_195755_1.jpgIMG_20211108_210758.jpg

Doesn't the handle move to other positions like a Bridgeport? Not that often you need a ton of stroke on the quill. Mike
it does, but not like the bp. you have to pull out the hub move to another hole. I use my quill a lot. I use it for drilling, and tapping.

Today my 605 decided to leak some coolant and it has no heat. The engine is getting up to temp, last year i replaced the thermostat and coolant also flush the cooling system, but the coolant again looks like dirt, this engine has incredibly high mileage so the engine block must be full dirt. I pressure tested the entire system up to 1,5 bar and there was no leaks, not sure where the coolant come from but i proceeded to fix the heater. First i drain the coolant and its awful, then had to take off the upper intake and couple of the boost pipes. Then i hooked up my 3/4" garden hoses from the tap and the other to drain in bucket, i flashed it in both direction and use some oven degreaser. Put it together and now i have much better heat. This car has surve me very well but it's getting near its end i plan to get it registered for 2022 as well but if there is any big bills i'll park it.
View attachment 385420View attachment 385421View attachment 385423View attachment 385422View attachment 385424
Looks like sewer water.

Back