2021 POTD Thread Archive

Finished threading the 25 "J" bolts and screwed a barrel nut on each.
They are ready to ship now as soon as I get the hold down straps made.
Still tossing ideas around as to how to bend them.

Attachments

• DSCN8940 (2).JPG
    DSCN8940 (2).JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 22
Very creative Frank.
The neighbours, friends, wife sent over some Christmas baking for the bachelors. Her sugar cookies were literally works of art. Didn't stop the boys from inhaling them though. lol

Greg

I made some collet stops for some new Kwik Switch collet holders. They are small threaded slugs, about a half inch long, imperial sizes in fine pitches, with the twist that it’s a left hand thread. Kinda fun to make.

P.S. It’s a dirty trick to post cookie pictures this close to dinnertime.

Made another Owl, this one's for my son in Santa Fe, the body is cam gears, the wings timing chain, and the eyes are water wall and I rolled the ring with my HF ring roller. The cam gears are cast iron, the trick was how to put it together without welding on them, I built a chassis out of steel and welded the eyes and wings to it, the sprockets are held to it with a welded pin in the center. also thought you might enjoy seeing a Eastern Montana sunset on the first day of winter, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.IMG_0033 (2).JPGIMG_0038.JPG

Made another Owl, this one's for my son in Santa Fe, the body is cam gears, the wings timing chain, and the eyes are water wall and I rolled the ring with my HF ring roller. The cam gears are cast iron, the trick was how to put it together without welding on them, I built a chassis out of steel and welded the eyes and wings to it, the sprockets are held to it with a welded pin in the center. also thought you might enjoy seeing a Eastern Montana sunset on the first day of winter, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.View attachment 389341View attachment 389342
My daughter in law collects Owls, so that's real cool.. I'll send her the pic.

Finally made a quill stop for my PM-30MV. I don't know why they didn't put one on in the first place, I have had several times I wished I had one. I copied the existing part and added a tab out to the side to work as the stop rod holder. I used the piece I milled out of the center of the part for the part that the stopper stops on.

The part that hooks onto the quill is ambidextrous by design but I decided I liked the stop on the right side to allow easy access to the off on switch and speed control. There is plenty of clearance for the quill lowering arm and I dont think it will ever get in my way.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 53
It is the outer membrane of a water tube boiler in a coal fired power plant. The projection on the top are called "crash bars" this type of water wall is used in the lower lower slope, where the bottom ash is funneled into crushers. It comes in various shapes, widths and lengths.
Thanks.

LOL Now I know why I've never seen it in "my" world.

Back