2021 POTD Thread Archive

Installed the solar panel on our First Robotics storage container!
bfa2686308feb6a601b22a258e52a914.jpg
0931b545014b76bc2d1d739de7ebfc53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hanging TEN...
I have a piece of Hot rolled that I had ground long ago, I decided I needed to try it to do what I needed to. I think it's 3/8... well it holds well on the mag... this is a coarse pole mag, which they say holds better than a fine.. I don't know, I don't have a fine pole, but it worked.
I was able to grind using the spindexer and my 5c-ER32 adapter. I will use this more frequently, but I will probably put mounting holes in the hot roll to screw into the spindexer... Less to knock into. So I just enlarged my grinder :grin:... I'm less worried about my small size ... Grinder that is.
20211221_214131.jpg

Hanging TEN...
I have a piece of Hot rolled that I had ground long ago, I decided I needed to try it to do what I needed to. I think it's 3/8... well it holds well on the mag... this is a coarse pole mag, which they say holds better than a fine.. I don't know, I don't have a fine pole, but it worked.
I was able to grind using the spindexer and my 5c-ER32 adapter. I will use this more frequently, but I will probably put mounting holes in the hot roll to screw into the spindexer... Less to knock into. So I just enlarged my grinder :grin:... I'm less worried about my small size ... Grinder that is.
View attachment 389374
How do you like your ToolMaker? What would you rather have if you had a choice?

How do you like your ToolMaker? What would you rather have if you had a choice?
I like it but it is limited. There are 3 things that would make this more usable for me.
The optional swing table
The centers..
The tool holder for doing HSS cutters.

It's small, I would like a bigger unit. I already had a project that was too big for it. I did some interesting things to grind it.
I have a basement shop, and a full size grinder was not an option, not unless I can take it down in pieces. As it is the base (not legs) was about 400 lbs and was even with ramps tough to get down.. I had to build a gantry to get it into the house..

Its all about the wheels... good wheels good results. I have found that coarser stones give a better finish. I recently added a mister.. I was squirting, it makes more sense with the mister, I get just the right amount of fluid.

The grinder has no basin for coolant. I had to make my own pan, because it's thin and long.

If you are in a basement it's a good grinder. If you are in a garage, go for a larger grinder.

Thanks for the input. I am researching surface grinders, as it is one item that is missing from my shop. I want to get a high quality machine, but not too big, that's what I like about your ToolMaker. Any other small grinders that I should research ?

Thanks for the input. I am researching surface grinders, as it is one item that is missing from my shop. I want to get a high quality machine, but not too big, that's what I like about your ToolMaker. Any other small grinders that I should research ?
I'll leave that for others to chime in on... I don't know.

Safety shields where gone... and it had a broken support... Figured I would install the wire wheel where the support is missing...

One of the light bulbs was blown out... I replaced both of the light bulbs for LEDs.

The sticker!?? Hahahahah... I have a few from the other project that I am working on...

View attachment 389094

View attachment 389095
What year is the 911?
I was a parts manager for a Porsche Audi dealer a long time ago.

My First Robotics team finally got a storage container after 3 years of pushing for it...
Not battlebots ;-)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back