An Apology

After 6 years of sensitivity training classes in at work , my boss finally just gave up on me . :grin: I think it comes from working in an " all men " environment for 48 years and my sense of humor is very good . I have to pause and remember we have women and youngsters on board here before I hit the post button quite often . I'm learning here , but never did in at work . FWIW , the company finally realized that my accusations were correct and have terminated those who were guilty making it a better workplace for all . Carry on , nobody likes a laugh better than myself . :encourage:

I'm offended by your apology. But, then again, I'd also be offended if you didn't apologize. Moral: you can't win.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Jokes don't offend me. Facebook-like or X formerly known as Twitter-like comments and conversations about something the joke reminds somebody of in a previous life don't offend me either, but they do annoy me because it's a joke thread, not a comment on the jokes and reminisce thread. I'm sorry if my last comment offended any commenters. Or am I? ;)

Tom

I'm offended by your apology. But, then again, I'd also be offended if you didn't apologize. Moral: you can't win.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Jokes don't offend me. Facebook-like or X formerly known as Twitter-like comments and conversations about something the joke reminds somebody of in a previous life don't offend me either, but they do annoy me because it's a joke thread, not a comment on the jokes and reminisce thread. I'm sorry if my last comment offended any commenters. Or am I? ;)

Tom
I am offended by your ambivalence...

:p :D:grin big:

I think a vast majority of people are thin skinned and want to be offended so they can feel good about themselves by changing a behavior of someone else to suit their sensibilities.
I really think it's a vocal minority. The vast majority of us can look at something with which we disagree and simply move on. I'm obviously a bit more laissez-faire than the mods, but having moderated a couple of boards, I understand why. Some people can't let anything slide, and others can't let anything go. And this is why we can't have nice things...

GsT

This case isn't the same, but this thread reminds me of the issues with comedians and cancel culture. I posted a joke about a year ago that didn't get me in hot water with staff but prompted a thumbs-down response from one of the members. @682bear, I read all the jokes and never found one of yours offensive or even close, but then, I'm like @Bone Head and @mmcmdl. I'm curious how many complaints to staff it takes for them to contact the poster or if there is a formula or rule. I would have thought we'd have seen some negative comments on your post(s), but I don't recall any - then again, I have Mad Cow (joking) and am too lazy to go back through them to see.

I'm glad those who no longer post in the jokes thread still read them, and hopefully, you will post again someday. I'd hate to see the thread atrophy and die. I am guilty of not posting some jokes I think others will find insensitive. I suppose that is the checks & balances and best for the group, but one or two people should not wield more power than the masses. This is the only forum I regularly follow, and I feel I know most of you enough to say you are good people. I'm all for walking to the line separating humor from offense and even stepping on it, but the line is nebulous at best. Like you, my intent is humor, not offense.

Back