Another too good to be true item??

I just want to add that I have already purchased and received 2 VFD's from this same EBay seller. I don't think its a scam. It could be a lot of things we aren't taking into account. Including recent Tarrifs or politics in Hong Kong. There were almost 1 million people on the streets of Hong Kong just yesterday demonstrating China's new policy on departing People in Hong Kong who spoke out against the Party. FWIW...China backed down. But I'm guessing a lot of Hong Kong nationals are nervous as we speak.
Also...its like this seller is now having a damned fire sale. Just liquidating inventory of their US based warehouses.
Anyway...for 50.00 I'll chance it. Haven't had any problems with this seller in the past. VFD's are operating just fine.

I've been very satisfied with this one: https://www.banggood.com/ANENG-AN80...-p-1157985.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

includes a good selection of test leads
I'm old fashined, and still like to see needles swing. But I was looking a t several digitals, and that was one, I think I will give that one a try. Probably still use the analogs for voltages, and a digital for resistances, and the other features. That way I do not have to keep batteries in the old analogs.

I think he's been shut down. If you go to his completed items and click on any one of them, it states "ended", not "sold". And if you click on the ended item, it shows that there is still one or more available, *but* you can't make a purchase. There's no "buy-it-now" button.

The irony here is that I questioned why you guys wasted your time on this, yet I keep wasting mine! Probably more than y'all have! :D

The irony here is that I questioned why you guys wasted your time on this, yet I keep wasting mine! Probably more than y'all have! :D

I think we all fit that. Kinda like playing the lottery, you know the odds are against you, but you keep trying.

I think he's been shut down. If you go to his completed items and click on any one of them, it states "ended", not "sold". And if you click on the ended item, it shows that there is still one or more available, *but* you can't make a purchase. There's no "buy-it-now" button.

It's pretty simple. You know that eBay will make good, so there's no risk, and you'd just kill yourself if people started receiving them and you hadn't bought one. Besides, we've had a couple of days of entertainment.

I did play the ebay lottery once about 6-7 years ago. I wanted a Nord C2 organ really bad and one was for sale on ebay for $2,200. Really low at that time. The seller was very questionable, so I called ebay to let them check it out and see what they thought. They said buy it. So I did. Sure enough it was too good to be true. I got my money back but I no longer will buy super low priced items unless it at least has a chance to be legit. I hope you guys get your stuff but I really doubt you will.

The lottery ... a statewide or nationwide "dumb tax"

There's a great youtube video on the lottery. The guy equates the odds of winning to a roll of side by side baseballs, running from one coast to the other, and you randomly stopping your car and picking up the single winning ball.

Ebay is quickly becoming a buyer beware outfit.

Becoming? I mean, they've stepped up their purchaser protections over the past few years. Originally you read the feedback and took your chances.

My greater concern is that Amazon is turning into eBay, with sketchy overseas merchants flooding the system with dubious items. I recently bought some supposedly UL listed pigtail extension cords. They looked a bit dubious when I received them, so I checked with UL. The listing was fraudulent.

As far as I can tell they were cutting up UL listed extension cords and adding plugs. The giveaway was that the UL registration numbers in the cord and the place didn't match.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back