Billet aluminum bat

Can always use extra, these will be here by the 10th supposedly :rolleyes:

When you live in BFN, you gotta pay to play. Getting a full length would be astronomical, and hard to use...

Last edited:
This design looks promising
1596132536582.png

Just thinking. Wouldn't a dead blow hammer work?

Yes, but the small small striking surface area may tend to cause more tears, where the bat/billy club causes perforations, in my experience. A solid blow over a bigger area = less strikes per bag

So I made a 22" bat 2" diameter per requested, but it's a wrist breaker, I drilled a 1" hollow down the barrel(6.750") with one of my new to me MT drill bits, but it's still a beast. I made my own 18" billy club version with a 1.750 barrel/1.25 handle, I drilled it out leaving a .430 wall thickness, at 6.5" depth, and it's much easier to handle, also with a new to me MT drill bit. Thanks Dave.

Last edited:
Looks good, Mike! That'll beat those ice bags into submission!

It may be versatile enough to be used as a fish bat as well. I have 5 hrs into this bat, 35 dollars into the Al bar stock, plus another 1 hr cleaning the machine, and 15' of the surrounding area. How do machinist make money????

How do machinist make money????

Make multiples & skip the cleaning. :dunno: I'll never know as I'll never be a machinist.

Or make stuff out of Ti so you can charge more. :) That's what I did to be able to purchase my mill.

(Not my pic, just found it online)
K3sWB6J.jpg

Back