Bought an Everlast PowerTIG 250EX

I have the Everlast PowerPro 256, and am just about at the 4 year point of ownership. Being a hobbyist, I don't know whether it would outlast a red or blue machine or not. I certainly will never put enough hours on it to find out. The features and arc stability are excellent though, and I am very happy with it. I use an air cooled torch for small DC work, and a water cooled torch for big aluminum work. I've welded razor blades together a 9 amps, and aluminum transmission cases at 250 amps.

At work I use a Miller Dynasty 350, and it is a beautiful machine. Strangely enough, my Everlast has a more stable arc in both AC and DC. The Miller is running 3 phase power from a rotary phase converter though, and I've always wondered if maybe that was the reason for a less stable arc. Either way, I like both machines, but I could only afford an Everlast. The shop I work at has much deeper pockets than I do.

Bottom line... buy what you can afford. We all use our welders differently, and there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" machine. If there was, every manufacturer would only sell one model.

GG

20' of PVC pipe later I have the rod containers made and mounted. 4 on the left side, and 2 on the right.

20170513_134236_zpsaktu39s6.jpg

The bottom cap is screwed down to the base and the tube is secured to the frame against a V (made from 1" angle iron) and a zip tie. I had something else in mind early on but once I started working on it this way made more sense. Prior to this I had tubes and bags of filler rod scattered all over the place. I'm going to make just one more tube to hold pre-cut 18" rods. I may attach that one to the welding bench.

308, 316, ER4043, ER70S minimum 2 sizes each that's 8.

......and gotta have some aluminum-bronze and silicon-bronze on hand because you know people are going to bring over broken cast iron when they hear you can weld!
-brino

I've got some 309L, aluminum bronze, and 1/16" aluminum ordered to go along with the tubes that are already full. I've already started mixing sizes in a tube.

You will build a wall mounted 14 tube rack (waves Jedi hand at Holescreek)

20' of PVC pipe later I have the rod containers made and mounted. 4 on the left side, and 2 on the right.

20170513_134236_zpsaktu39s6.jpg

The bottom cap is screwed down to the base and the tube is secured to the frame against a V (made from 1" angle iron) and a zip tie. I had something else in mind early on but once I started working on it this way made more sense. Prior to this I had tubes and bags of filler rod scattered all over the place. I'm going to make just one more tube to hold pre-cut 18" rods. I may attach that one to the welding bench.

2015100895115914.jpg

I did something similar. Picked up a cheapo cart for my filler metals, etc. 308, 309, 316, ER70S2, 4043, 4943, 5356, Al Bronze, Si Bronze cut lengths and MIG wire on the shelves.

Back