Bought an Everlast PowerTIG 250EX

You guys that keep posting pics of empty shops and machines with lots of room around them make me sad.

She ain't empty now.....I have about 30 aluminum bar stools that I am puking back together. Wall to wall crap today boys. And a customer that wants the Dollar General discount.

Last edited:
My metal & wood working are primarily hobbies. I seldom do jobs for others.

But in my real life (the one that pays the bills) I deal with clients who would like you to work GOOD, FAST and CHEAP. I always tell them they can have two out of three and I don't care which two they pick - but they can't have all three!

She ain't empty now.....I have about 30 aluminum bar stools that I am puking back together. Wall to wall crap today boys. And a customer that wants the Dollar General discount.
Better than being un-employed. Work leads to work. No work leads to nothing. Try to make a little profit on it.

Better than being un-employed. Work leads to work. No work leads to nothing. Try to make a little profit on it.

Side gig.....I don't get what you're driving at here.....not to complain?

Last edited:
Side gig.....I don't get what you're driving at here.....not to complain?
Did not know it was a side gig. So if it was your primary gig yea.

None of us want to work for a discount, but even where I work, they give the store away half the time for the next job, and the next job... which means we are always working on hugely discounted jobs. But it keeps us employed, although barely from what I can tell. I'm in the medical imaging field. By the time we sell a system and get it running, we've just broken even, but we survive on support funding...

Did not know it was a side gig. So if it was your primary gig yea.

None of us want to work for a discount, but even where I work, they give the store away half the time for the next job, and the next job... which means we are always working on hugely discounted jobs. But it keeps us employed, although barely from what I can tell. I'm in the medical imaging field. By the time we sell a system and get it running, we've just broken even, but we survive on support funding...

Yeah, survival on support services work in some industry (heavy equip, etc). My biggest problem is that I try to be a nice guy and get abused because I want ALL of their business. Problem is I end up ****** because after I replace consumables and pay the light bill, I end up getting short dicked. I just completed my last short quoted job........hence forth, no more bashful quotes.

Yeah, survival on support services work in some industry (heavy equip, etc). My biggest problem is that I try to be a nice guy and get abused because I want ALL of their business. Problem is I end up ****** because after I replace consumables and pay the light bill, I end up getting short dicked. I just completed my last short quoted job........hence forth, no more bashful quotes.

Simple formula: prepare the quote your regular way then double the number before you give it to them.

Back