Central machinery 12x36 lathe wiring

That's the right idea but not the exact correct part- and way expensive.
I'll post some links -- these here are about 2.36" deep and about 1.77" wide: (you want the K-1201 or K-1601 model with 110v coil)
The 1201 is 12 amp rated and the 1601 is 16 amps. 12 amp would be the minimum you'd want- 16 better
This is a standard-size unit- same width but much deeper about 3.5":

These are all 4-pole, your originals are 5. Not a big deal. I've already drawn up a sketch to wire them in. Easy peasy

Last edited:
OK, I put everything on one page: ---... (^,^)--- Change the fuse to 1 amp size to protect the transformer
Coil terminals on Baomain unit are on top- Might be easier to take the whole sub-panel out and work on it? I would
ContactorFP4Pole240v.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for all the help, contactors should be here tommorow, I will switch them out and shoot you a picture, I will probably have some more questions

Was able to finally get around to installing new contactors, here is a few pictures, the lower terminal bar was pretty brittle and ended up cracking, I would like to replace it, do you have any recommendations

Attachments

• IMG_4542.jpeg
    IMG_4542.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4541.jpeg
    IMG_4541.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4540.jpeg
    IMG_4540.jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 36
I see the crack- you can buy similar ones from places like Mouser, Digi-key, Newark electronics. Maybe Amazon.
You could also glue it back together with JB weld or crazy glue. It's not going anywhere, the wires are stiff and
you have a screw on each end

One more wire to add: - the one from transformer X3 goes not only to the contactor coils but also to TB-9.
That wire has #2 on it in earlier pictures
Rest of it looks fine- should be ok to try it when you add that missing wire
I'm on the edge of my seat
:)

Last edited:
It works like it should, I can’t thank you enough, do you have pay pal or Venmo, I can send you something for the time and effort, and the teaching

Back