Do you guys know BlondiHacks, Joe Pieczynski, Abom 79 ???

I don't think I saw Finno Ugric Machining mentioned. He is also a member, and does excellent work, and has one of the coolest mills around.

Thanks @Joe Pie! As a teacher, you stand head and shoulders over other machinist channels. I use something I've learned from you every time I'm in the shop.

Robin Renzetti is also worth checking out. He's a career precision machinist with some fantastic methods to share.

Thanks @Joe Pie! As a teacher, you stand head and shoulders over other machinist channels. I use something I've learned from you every time I'm in the shop.

Robin Renzetti is also worth checking out. He's a career precision machinist with some fantastic methods to share.

I’ll second that. I spent my life turning wrenches. I’m by far no expert but in my opinion, Joe Pie is second to none. Whenever I read someone questioning something, if I remember seeing a Joe Pie video....I post that video as an answer because the presentation is second to none and the depth of knowledge just exceptional.
In fact, a question was recently asked about trepanning and I posted Joe’s video. And now I see Joe is on board.
Awesome and welcome Joe. Hell.... love this hobby so much that if I could turn back time....I would have moved to Austin after Katrina and begged for an apprentice....helper...shop sweeper in your shop Joe. Hell....it would be volunteer work for the first year.

I’ll second that. I spent my life turning wrenches. I’m by far no expert but in my opinion, Joe Pie is second to none. Whenever I read someone questioning something, if I remember seeing a Joe Pie video....I post that video as an answer because the presentation is second to none and the depth of knowledge just exceptional.
In fact, a question was recently asked about trepanning and I posted Joe’s video. And now I see Joe is on board.
Awesome and welcome Joe. Hell.... love this hobby so much that if I could turn back time....I would have moved to Austin after Katrina and begged for an apprentice....helper...shop sweeper in your shop Joe. Hell....it would be volunteer work for the first year.
I thank you all for such flattering comments. I've been at this a long time and will try to post more material as my business schedule permits. Stay well guys.

Wow! Good to see you here, Joe. Hook'em!

My list.

Blondihacks,
Joe Pieczynski and
Abom79 and T
This Old Tony
Tubalcain
Clickspring
Stefan Gotteswinter
Winky's Workshop
Dudley Toolwright
Keith Fenner
Build Something Cool
oxtoolco
ROBRENZ
AvE
colinfurze
Grind Hard Plumbing Co
Keith Rucker
SuburbanTool Inc
bcbloc02
Steve Summers
Let's Machine
Solid Rock Machine Shop Inc.
James T. Kilroy Jr.
Randy Richard In The Shop
Precision Machine Shed
shaper andi
Steve Jordan
Hill top Machine Works
Stuart de Haro
That Lazy Machinist
Tom's Techniques
Hobby Machining
Bar Z
TOT
Stefan Gotteswinter
Robin Renzetti
tooland dieguy.com

Last edited:
Great list Harry. I think I subscribe to most all of them, but do have favorites. And FWIW..... Clickspring just blows me away. But I’m a realist in that I know my limitations at this stage of my life. I don’t have Clickspring’s patience. There’s just no way in the world I would ever take a chunk of steel, harden it in a clay mold, fire it....and then make a file out of it by hand in the same way a craftsman did 300 years ago. Oh yes, I know my limits.
That said.....I think it’s cool as heck watching that stuff and his videos blow me away.
But, the reality is I tend to be drawn to video where there’s info which will help me in my hobby.
Even Stefan tends to go above and beyond the results I’m looking for. But, I do learn from his also.
anyway, I tend to pick up useful tricks and methods from Joe’s video’s pretty often. Just real good stuff.
Also, both of the Keiths are great too.

Last edited:
I guess my favorites are one's that I can actually learn something that applies to what I want to do as I do not have the patience to watch just for watching sake or look how cool this is.

I watch them to see how good I COULD be. I go out to the shop and then realize how terrible I am and go back to watch more videos on how good I COULD be. LOL.

In all seriousness, I have learned a tremendous amount about machining and TIG welding that I could not have done otherwise. When I bought my surface grinder I watched "That Lazy Machinist " and learned a lot about what to do and not do. Not sure where I would have learned all of that without YouTube.

Back