Do you guys know BlondiHacks, Joe Pieczynski, Abom 79 ???

Not a Machinist per se, but I enjoy Scott Turner. He makes some great stuff.

Also, if you have a Clausing Lathe, “ Randy Richard in the Shop “ has a few great videos on repairs he did on his 5900 Series variable drive . He rebuilt the sheave. Pretty impressive stuff.

Just have to weed though them to in order to learn something useful.

Dan Gilbart Is also a great teacher. He has not made a new video until today. I was starting to wonder if he had passed. Good to see him back.
Fantastic video. Just one minor disappointment - I'm pretty sure that's a Curta calculator on the table amongst the Edison cylinders. Wish he'd talked about it a bit!

PS - My wife and I went out on a "get the heck out of the house" road trip today, and among other things, checked out an old store/trading post in Camp Verde. They had an Edison player for sale for $450. The sign said it was in working order. I didn't buy it, but did enjoy seeing it.

Check out "Metalworking & woodworking/ Dan's hobbies". He has great videos on rebuilding the banjo on a 8x 14 lathe. This could apply to other lathes, too. That and other videos.

Also, if you have a Clausing Lathe, “ Randy Richard in the Shop “ has a few great videos on repairs he did on his 5900 Series variable drive . He rebuilt the sheave. Pretty impressive stuff.
This is the vid that gave me the courage to fix my mill.

Back