Doesn't exist? -- 8 TPI threaded chuck to fit an 80mm HF faceplate (w/ picture)

Yep, that link was for a live one, first thing I found and I was being called to the dinner table. There should be a dead one out there. If not, it would be easier to make one than to adapt to the chuck flange.
I'm too new to lathe-ing to trust myself to get the precision right. I see the wobble already.

Do you have a link for that?

MT2 to MT3 adapters are cheap. I was trying to avoid that for simplicity.

The make blank arbors that are machineable. So you could make exactly what you want. If you get the drawbar style its retained by a threaded rod thru the spindle.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwm
This might work with a MT3-->MT2 adapter.
A person could saw off the tang and drill and tap it for a drawbar made of threaded rod.

The make blank arbors that are machineable. So you could make exactly what you want. If you get the drawbar style its retained by a threaded rod thru the spindle.

mt3 machineable blank
The blank might not work, he doesn't have 8 tpi on that lathe for single pointing :( Though perhaps someone could make it for him.

The blank might not work, he doesn't have 8 tpi on that lathe for single pointing :( Though perhaps someone could make it for him.
No, i mean machine the ring holder right on the machinable mandrel. Why do people want to always put and adapter, on an adapter, on an adapter.

Just taper the nose, drill the end, tap to the size of the inner hole of your taper cones, and locktite the appropriate size stud in the tapped hole.

Back