Doesn't exist? -- 8 TPI threaded chuck to fit an 80mm HF faceplate (w/ picture)

BTW, I see no where that the spindle diameter is mentioned for that ring mandrel. I took a guess at 1" - 8 since it's a common woodworking size, but that might not be correct.

The blank might not work, he doesn't have 8 tpi on that lathe for single pointing :( Though perhaps someone could make it for him.
Actually, I found an old app that calculates the the gear specs to cut 8 TPI threads on a HF mini.

1643244056502.png

According to LMS, the gearing for a 7x10 mini-lathe to get 8 TPI threads is A=40, B=any, C=any, D=20, with a 16 TPI lead screw. According to HF, he should have both 40 and 20 tooth gears.

Assuming you can turn the 8 TPI it would be a fun project to make an adapter from an MT3 blank.
Use the draw bar style so the chuck can't fly off.

LMS has a blank arbor that might be suitable. Seems to be backordered, but the date expected is Jan 31,2022.
MT3 blank arbor Price is very good. Would be a great project. Is even drilled and tapped for a drawbar. Even if one messed up, the raw stock is pretty inexpensive.

LMS has a blank arbor that might be suitable. Seems to be backordered, but the date expected is Jan 31,2022.
MT3 blank arbor Price is very good. Would be a great project. Is even drilled and tapped for a drawbar. Even if one messed up, the raw stock is pretty inexpensive.
That would be a fun project. The blank part looks kinda short. Not sure a ring, a tapered bushing and a nut would fit very comfortably. I'll look for a long blank.

Back