Edwards Radial 5 build thread --- PHOTOS!

Bravo! Lovely work.

Reading through the valves being made and watching them come together ,then the picture of them with the bottle cap and it’s like WOW are those things tiny ! Great work your doing !

Make a few more now while you have everything fresh....

Spares on hand are never needed but ....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Alright, 4 of the 5 heads are done.

I still can’t find #5 to finish it off, but it’s bound to turn up one of these days. I’ve no idea how I could possibly have misplaced it.

View attachment 392274
View attachment 392275
View attachment 392276

I’m gonna have to make a stand for it pretty soon here.
I know what you mean.
I have misplaced some big items and small. I lost my ball turning parts for my boring attachment. And I can't find my original ball turning tool.

Often I am looking for what I think it should look like. I lost a part for my shop vac. the smaller floor tool or for seats... kept looking. Then was going through my pictures and discovered that it was permanently mounted to my surface grinder as a catch.

It's amazing how your eye (brain) misses it over and over.

Loving the build.

@JRaut Very cool, being new to machining it's fascinating seeing this engine coming together.

Tim

Last edited:
@JRaut Very cool, being new to machining it's fascinating this engine coming together.

Tim
Thanks Tim. I'm pretty new to machining myself actually, I just picked a project and started running with it. Best way to learn is to just give'er a whirl.

Awesome Build. Are the valve seats part of the Beryllium Copper Valve Guide Insert?

Awesome Build. Are the valve seats part of the Beryllium Copper Valve Guide Insert?
Yup, it's all just one piece.

The 'valve seat' is just a 45-degree chamfer machined into the BeCu valve cage insert thing.

The valves have a matching 45-degree chamfer.

After I get all the valve components finished up, I'll start matching valves to seats and lap everything in. Then pressure/leak test it if I can figure a way to do so.

Back