Enco 110-2032 switch wiring

OK we're getting close
I predict fix that fuse wire and it'll come alive
The last detail is the barrel switch

Last edited:
Hallelujah!!!
The damn thing works.
When I calm down I'll double check what wires it temporarily connected to forward and reverse.
I used #6 and touched to the other wires 4 I think forward and 5 reverse.

After more testing at the rotary switch location I can confirm
#6 +#4 wire is forward
#6 +#5 wire is reverse.
#6 +#3 wire is nothing (neutral?)
You had previously sent a layout for the round
switch .
Is this layout what I should try?
I really appreciate all your help and wish my ignorance wasn't my strong suit.
By the way no hurry.
Thanks Danny

Actually 6 + 3 should be necessary to connect momentarily to start the control box, if the wiring is still original
It's a safety feature that depended on the barrel switch/ apron lever to be in the center off position before the machine would start from cold or an E-stop

We can try shorting 6 and 3 together permanently, but you might find a problem with the E-stop restarting the machine when you
let go of the button- check that out and let me know.

You need to test your barrel switch in all 3 positions and write down which terminal pairs connect, then we can hook it up
Does your meter have a beep mode? That makes it easier
Ignore any previous info I may have posted about the barrel switch- it's incorrect and was only a guess

Last edited:
Look for a green light in the little Omron relay and a faint click when you touch 3 and 6 together if the lathe was powered off or E-stopped

Last edited:
Probably Monday before I can do more checking.
By the way, is there any possibility this lathe is female?
Becoming a monk is making more sense.
Thanks Danny

I connected the #3 & #6wires together.
No click, no light with emergency switch on and off nothing.
I've got a schematic from the supplier of the barrel switch that shows a possible hook up.
Unless you suggest otherwise I'll try that.

So the lathe will run by just connecting 6 to 4 for forward or 6 to 5 for reverse and you haven't needed to connect 3 and 6 at all? Even after powering up from cold (flipping off the breaker for example)?
Do I have that right?
If the switch diagram you have is from another lathe it may not work
I think you'll need to ring out the switch eventually-

Last edited:
You are correct. I have flipped the breaker off. Waited a while and the 6/4 and 6/5 connections still activate forward and reverse.
This lathe seems to have fewer wires going to the barrel switch than newer lathes.
Perhaps I'm trying to overthink simplicity.
I'm beginning to think #6 or #3 is a ground

Back