Fusion 360 from the start

There also may be different options he has that I don't as I have the hobby free edition.
I am truly a masochist. I have two PC's -monitors on my desk. I open up Youtube lesson plans on one and have the Fusion 360 app opened on the other.
This way I can pause the video to keep up.
Once again, he clicks on something I don't have or his computer responds differently than mine.
Maybe I could follow along if we were using the same program?
Where did I put my Lisinopril?

I do the same thing. I also have the free version. You might check to see if you are up to date. I checked out the 2 units he has updated and my program is exactly like his. Baring a few options that can be changed in preferences.

Tim

I just checked my version V.2.0.11415 although that may have auto updated this morning.

Tim

I am attempting, again to download the free version. After having read all the comments, it became apparent that I could figure my bend & cut lines much more quickly with a mental vision of the clamp kit I wish to make & draw it up in Paint. In under 30 minutes I have the main piece drawn.
I thank you all for your feedback! And Fusion still didn't load up.

Oh man Brockwood, Sorry to here that. I think the first time I loaded it it did something odd also. Have you checked in your download folder? I want to say it downloaded a Client Downloader that I needed to run.

There also may be different options he has that I don't as I have the hobby free edition.
I am truly a masochist. I have two PC's -monitors on my desk. I open up Youtube lesson plans on one and have the Fusion 360 app opened on the other.
This way I can pause the video to keep up.
Once again, he clicks on something I don't have or his computer responds differently than mine.
Maybe I could follow along if we were using the same program?
Where did I put my Lisinopril?
I feel your pain. I did the Apple equivalent! Watched the videos on the iPad, while running Fusion on the MacBook. Took a while to translate what his commands in the old version to the new version I was running. Eventually kinda sorta made sense of it eventually.

I feel your pain. I did the Apple equivalent! Watched the videos on the iPad, while running Fusion on the MacBook. Took a while to translate what his commands in the old version to the new version I was running. Eventually kinda sorta made sense of it eventually.
Really?
Considering most CAD users began in High School or College/Vocational, and considering I’ve spent only a few hours banging my head against the wall, maybe I need to spend more time and try different instructors.

Is there another CAD program that may be easier for this simpleton To learn?
Fusion 360 is so extremely complicated…….

Is there another CAD program that may be easier for this simpleton To learn?
Fusion 360 is so extremely complicated…….

Not really Jeff. All 3D CAD programs have a very steep learning curve. The basic understanding of how to get started is really the most difficult. Getting over that initial "hump" was very challenging for me too. You have to remember that every time you start up a CAD program that it is a learning experience.
Another point is that there are usually multiple ways to design something in a CAD program. For example, I have made numerous dust collection adapters that go from a machine to either my cyclone collector or to a shop vac. I could draw it as a series of circles that are extruded and blended into one another. OR, draw a vertical construction line, draw the profile you need at the correct distance from the construction line, then use the 'revolve' command to make the part. Neither one is right or wrong, just different ways of doing it.

Agreed. The hardest part is learning the paradigm behind the software. Then you seem to get the hang of things, and can get the job done, but later you find there's a much easier way to do the same thing, and you start picking up tricks that make the work easier.

There's a style of modeling that I see used on the internet where you take a basic shape like a cube and then use other shapes to add/subtract to that to get what you need. You're sculpting without using dimensions. Ok, it looks easy, but that ain't how my brain works.

You're still doing that even the "normal" way, but it's easier for me to understand drawing sketches, extruding them, and adding more sketches to that object to get what I want. Learning to use Revolves and Mirroring is a game changer IMHO. Once you learn to think in those terms complex items become simple.

@Janderso Maybe there's a way for me to give you a hand if you want. I'm no expert, but I do ok.

Back