Fusion 360 from the start

I’m going to set up a Discord server and run Fusion 360 live if anyone wants to join me this weekend. I know enough to be able to teach the basics. I’m east coast. Will probably be later in the evening. Look on the Chat for times and links to connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try and make it. I signed onto Discord, but I'm not sure what to do after that.

Tim

I'm not happy with the way computer programs are going. Once upon an eon ago, these things were being developed to aid mankind. Now, I've worked in design & development. Revamped an entire line of double sided circuit boards (with computer aided design) for auto insertion & propelled the company into a buyout by GE no less. I've repaired electromechanical devices for customers in 17 states - all while witnessing programmers put the burden of the job they were paid to do right on the paying customer's back. If I'm the simpleton? I wear it proudly. I've worked with troubleshooting & reprogramming both Schweitzer & GE Bulk Electric System Relays for our US Electric Grid. Now we are using Windows 10 & every program has turned every simple click of the mouse into 5 clicks & moves more slowly - it seems the machines are turning on us. LOL. So, when I get home at the end of the day & click 'Download' only to not see or get any single reaction - I'm NOT going to go hunt for where that may have landed on my hard drive. Maybe I'll venture into these murky waters at some point. I just have no patience for lazy programmers at all. So now with 3 pages of responders on both sides of the fence concerning my (here-to-now) failed adventure. I have my plan! Had to use imagination instead of some Sadist's attempt to justify their salary.

True, the numbers aren't there yet - but I had them to start & all I needed was a cut & fold pattern!CLAMP KIT CUSTOM c.jpg

Thanks Bryan! I'll have to create a Discord acct.

Can anyone explain this discord thing, I signed up but I don't get it?

It’s like doing a Zoom call but you are a member of a server. You can chat, text, share screens etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to uninstall Discord, it seemed like it was running all the time and my old computer just didn't have the resources to keep everything happy. I never could figure out how to just shut it down.

I'd like to do a Fusion meetup online this week or weekend if people are game. I can have Fusion up on my screen, we can chat, text and go through live tutorials or just try stuff that people want to learn. I know enough to be dangerous and then some so it could be useful for those that are willing.

I have a Discord server setup for this. But if that is too high of a tech hurdle for some, then we could do something less techy, like YouTube live or something like that. However, I think the options for interaction are less. Discord is pretty easy once you figure out how to set it up which isn't hard.

Yes, Discord is aimed at gamers, but if you can get by the colorful icons and cartoon character kinda stuff, you will find that Discord is not only viewed as a very secure server and communication tool by many.

Back