Fusion 360 from the start

I can still do it if there is any interest.

I am game for some type of instruction, but I couldn't really figure out the discord thing at the time.

Also interested, could maybe help a bit. I've got a decent amount of Fusion experience.

I am game for some type of instruction, but I couldn't really figure out the discord thing at the time.
The Discord "forum" is a very messy compilation of messages. It was originally designed as a platform for gamers to discuss whatever gamers discuss. It would probably work quite well for doing a live Fusion Q&A but for anything else I avoid it if at all possible.
I am building a 3d printer (Voron) and though Voron has an official channel on Discord, I find the standard forums, Reddit and even Github much better for gathering information.
That was a long-winded rant to say you are not alone. :)

"The Discord "forum" is a very messy compilation of messages" no kidding, it seems that all these "new platforms" are a mess! What's wrong with the old forums?

yeah, I've recently bumped into discord multiple times for different things. I've never used and couldn't really figure out what made it so desirable. I've been doing software for 50 years and I guess I'm well on my way to becoming and Old Fart. Seems to me USENET worked pretty well from within Emacs.

I am interested in Fusion specific stuff and being able to some degree of "live" could be a good thing.

I use discord all the time. It's perfect for voice communication, and for sharing short term information, but as has been noted, it's not a replacement for a forum. OTH, it's a great free "almost forum" when you don't quite need all the features. I belong to a gaming group that uses Discord and it's perfect for that purpose. We don't need something as involved as a forum and yet we can share links and information when we need to or chat by voice.
I also used to admin a Discord channel for a 3D printing firmware called "Klipper". The creator of the software isn't interested in the cost and upkeep of a forum, and doesn't personally offer much support, so fans like myself created the Discord channel where we could help others use it. We have sections for different slicers and front-ends for 3d printing as well as for hardware. It's right on the edge of needing a true forum software, since some things would be nice to have permanently available in an easy to find way, but it gets the job done.

I also used to admin a Discord channel for a 3D printing firmware called "Klipper". The creator of the software isn't interested in the cost and upkeep of a forum, and doesn't personally offer much support, so fans like myself created the Discord channel where we could help others use it. We have sections for different slicers and front-ends for 3d printing as well as for hardware. It's right on the edge of needing a true forum software, since some things would be nice to have permanently available in an easy to find way, but it gets the job done.
That is interesting.
I am currently building a Voron 2.4r printer with Klipper as the firmware running a BTT Octopus v1.1. I spend much more time on two forums created specifically for the Voron builds.

Back