Group Project: Dividing Head - Organization and Design

Was the idea for all of us to send all our parts to 1 person for assembly/QC? If that is the case, we are probably better off just having the parts ordered as a group.

I'd be fine putting a few bucks in to "group buy" that hardware.

Maybe not assembly. More for distribution. But, yeah, that was my thinking. The logistics just work better.

I would be afraid the aluminum would gall. Can we find cheaper oilite or delrin somewhere?
I was planning on making the shift lever as part of the gearshift assembly but I will defer this if someone else wants it.
Robert

Edit: I see acetal bar for $10 per foot for 1-3/4" OD. Could make bushings from that.
R

I would be afraid the aluminum would gall. Can we find cheaper oilite or delrin somewhere?
I was planning on making the shift lever as part of the gearshift assembly but I will defer this if someone else wants it.
Robert

Edit: I see acetal bar for $10 per foot for 1-3/4" OD. Could make bushings from that.
R
Cheaper than I found :) Amazon was $30/ft or so. But $20 for 2 feet (enough for the 16 we need) seems like a heck of a deal over the $6 each!

Could easily get 10 from a foot, 1" length bushings.

You guys beat me to it. :) I also went to 2", but I do think 1.75 would get the job done, with the bore in the trunnion adjusted.
I thought the originals were 1.6875 or something odd like that? I searched 1.75 to have room to turn the od

Here you go if someone knows how to turn thin bushing in acetal?
R

Last edited:
How about uhmw?

I have a bunch of 2” diameter I can cut all the bushings pretty easy on the cnc?

Last edited:
Back