hand cleaners & soaps

I keep a tub of Go-Jo or Fast Orange in the shop but I read in Popular Mechanics that shampoo works well and doesn't dry out the skin. Tried and and sure enough it works like a charm. Dollar store shampoo for my grimy hands from now on.

I use a barrier cream , Arretil made by Stoko, not a cleaner but more like an invisible glove. Goes on like a lotion dries quickly, keeps the crud out of the pores an cleans up with water. Sometime it wears thru but still facilitates grease, dirt, paint, and even stain removal.

I use this pumice type stuff I get for my workers and it works great for serious grime. I seem to get more Dykem Blue on my fingers than grease so I use lacquer thinner. Yes, I know the hazards...

I use Kresto same as HSS dose. I worked in a warehouse that used to stock it for alot of our printing componies and for Miliken Corp. At times we wold get broken cases that came in and we would get to take it home. That was 16 yrs ago and Im down to my last bottle of it out of a case. It dosnt take much to k;ean your hands. It dose dry mine out at times.

I used to work in automotive, most of the orange pumice cleaners found in stores don't work for us. We would use this heavy pumice paste that came in buckets. We also used another pumice hand cleaner tbat came in wall mount dispensers, I forget the name of the product but it seems to be pretty common in many shops & warehouses.

Occasionally I do still work on cars & the orange Gojo don't work for me. I don't like it cause it's on the watery side & is wasteful cause I have to use a lot of it. At home I use Permatex Fast Orange, I like it better as it seems to have a bit more scrubbing power than Gojo but those with sensitive hands may not like it. I still use a scrubbing bush & lava rock (not Lava Soap) when needed.

I also use Scrubs scrubbing wipes. They work really well for me too.

Lther with clean motor oil. Wipe excess with a rag. Finish with any old dish soap.

I use WD40 to get the crud off and then just plain old dawn dish soap and a scrub brush. Having been a mechanic all of my working life, I think I have tried just about every product out there and the WD40 and dawn work as good as any of them for me.

Now being an old retired guy I try not to get as dirty anymore:)) Sure don't miss working on them dirty diesels anymore. (Or any of them)

Back