hand cleaners & soaps

I keep Boraxo hand cleaner in my bathroom. IMHO few things work better, but you need water to use it.

My shop is not heated and does not have running water so I use GOJO fast wipes. They work pretty good as well.

my wife bought some of those home made scented soaps at a stand a church bazzar. I think they were more to look at and smell nice, but I started using the soap when the dove bar of soap ran out. I don't know what is in those home made soaps, but they strip everything off you hands. Probably granny clampets lye soap!!

Chris

My son-in-law made and sold such soap for awhile. Yep. Lye.

I normally use a dish washing detergent - whatever Walmart's house brand is. Works at least as well in my hands as it does on a greasy skillet.

I started using Orange Goop (from Harbor Freight no less) and this is the only thing I've found that actually gets my hands clean without either abrading the skin off my hands or drying them out. It gets two big (clean) thumbs up from me...

Palmolive dish soap. I used to use Lava, Boraxo and other abrasive based soaps but once when working on some particularly nasty car repair I found I was out of soap, grabbed the concentrated Palmolive and much to my surprise it was much better than anything I'd used at the time. Likely there are better but I'm still a big fan of Palmolive.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I use Kresto same as HSS dose. I worked in a warehouse that used to stock it for alot of our printing componies and for Miliken Corp. At times we wold get broken cases that came in and we would get to take it home. That was 16 yrs ago and Im down to my last bottle of it out of a case. It dosnt take much to k;ean your hands. It dose dry mine out at times.
Couldn't think of the name, but that's it, Kresto. Great stuff!

I don't like the pumas stuff but do like the orange waterless hand cleaners in the shop with no water. Good for a quick cleanup. When I get to the house though I always use the liquid dish soap as the final cleaning. Don't like finger prints on my cheese sandwich.

I guess I'm the weird one.
I use laundry powder, its very abrasive when first used and does take a lot of running water to remove once hands are clean.
Yes, its a bit harsh but it has never caused a problem for me and gets my hands spotless.

+1 Gojo, works well, smells good, and the pump dispenser is easy to use. They sell it at Home Depot.

Back