How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

Morph is short for metamorphosis. I just like the fact that we can take a clump of steel and morph it into something cool. I have to admit that a lot of times it turns out to morph into a pile of random chips instead of something cool.

Way back when i got my email account, I tried the usual screen names ( Gearhead being my first choice) but nothing worked. So looking around me little computer table I noticed my computer was a Starion model and I just added 007 for the fun of it.
Turns out Starion is a Mitsubishi sports car and i'm a gearhead so it worked out after all.

Mark

Just some useless information for you from listening to talk radio here in OZ. "Starion" came about from the difficulty Asian folk have pronouncing 'L's. It was supposed to be Stallion i.e. the male horse but got lost somewhere in translation. :nuts:

My Last Name is Barton, In College "Drunk Me" Earned the Nickname "Bartonius Maximus" I guess it stuck.

I simply used the name of big bertha. A high end machine, mfg. from the first quarter of the 20th century
back into the 1800s. So GK1918 is a Greaves Klusman, and with much research it appears pre 1920.
So thats about the story, however I salute people like Tony Wells pic and all, to me thats more like
talking to a real person. To me user names is more like on a phone press *1 or*2 - no can do. Square
rotary phone, been here since they ran the phone cables and its stayin. Just showin my age sam

112-1274_IMG.JPG

My name is Aristeidis, (Greek eh!) Surname is Katsoulis and i love cats.:))

• Ariscats.

Being that my name was brought up in this thread, a little background may prove interesting or entertaining to a few. First, my last name is one my grandfather chose as he came through Ellis Island. He and his family came from Hungary, and at the time in America, there was a stigma associated with Hungarians, being Gypsies and all. My Hungarian name is Kuti. In fact, although my grandfather changed it on the forms, my father's birth certificate was filled out as Kuti, but it was hand scratched out and Wells penciled in. I suppose it was legal enough in 1928. It's worked so far. My first and middle names are derived from my grandfathers first names. Anton Kuti yielded Tony, and Carlton Jerome yielded Carl, my middle name. I could be called Anton Carlton, I suppose. So I'm half blood Hungarian, and on the other side, there is a mix of the hills of Virginia, where there is a mountain named after my mother's family and the Comanche tribes of Oklahoma. So there you are. That's who I am.

Richl, seems to be the easiest, rich is enough to let the readers know who I am. I tend to shy away from aliases, let the readers know who they are talking to. I have been doing the internet thing and before that bbs, even Genie and compuserv for some time... most variations of richard and such are always taken, for some reason richl typically is not, or for the most part it appears to always be free for me... so that is what I have become :) funny to read posts addressed to me as richl :) but I have been called much worse, so I have learned to adapt.

Rich

Being named Jack it seems to always be taken when I first got on the internet forums. So I was sitting around and just bought a YZ426F and thought will try that handle out and it went through. But after the wife buying me a 06 anniversary YZ450F I decided changed it to AKYZ450F on most of the forums I use.

Mine came from a car I used to have. I've been involved in road racing/track driving/autocross for about 33yrs, and at one point I built a '67 VW Beetle into a track car. The name comes from the German words for race (renn) and beetle/bug (kafer, though with the umlaut over the a, or sometimes kaefer). So basically it's "racebeetle"

This was from circa 1997 at Portland Int'l Raceway at an Audi Club event I was instructing at:

BUGPIR1.jpg

BUGPIR1.jpg

Back